Low Coolant warning and reservoir question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musicars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a 2006 Yukon Denali this summer and have been having a host of issues. Right now I'm working on a no heat issue that I'm worried is a head gasket issue. I'm going to try to tackle one aspect at a time so as not to get too far off track.

Does anybody with a 2006 Yukon know for sure whether or not there is a low coolant waning in DIC and if the sensor on the reservoir is supposed to be hooked up?

I drove the truck for a couple of months this summer and even towed a car with it. It never overheated and had no warnings. The truck came up from Texas and I thought I better check the antifreeze concentration. Turns out what I thought was an antifreeze line on the reservoir was just a stain. The system was a gallon and a half low. It also was mostly water so I never smelled any leakage.

So I went to check to make sure the connector to the sensor was connected. There is no connector and no wire. I even opened up the plastic "armor" around the wires and found no cut wire or indication there ever was a connector.

The second part of the reservoir issue is that the level I see on the outside does not seem to match what is in the system. I was letting the truck warm up and burp the air out after filling the system up. I had the cap off with the nose of the truck up a bit. As I was walking toward the truck I noticed coolant running out the bottom of the truck. The side of the reservoir showed slightly above the full line yet when I looked into the opening I saw it was full and coolant was running out the overfull tube. Since then I am sure I am low on coolant but the tank is still showing full. I assume the tank is chambered and coolant is trapped in an outer chamber.

Anybody ever experienced this?

Thanks for looking.

OP
OP
M

Musicars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OOPs, sorry I see I posted under the wrong year range. I'll try again in the correct section.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick