Low Beam Bulb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prormk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent work. Looking forward to installing my kit here shortly.

I appreciate the pics

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
K.I.S.S theory...
I just replaced both of my low beams with Sylvania H11 Xtravision. The price is right. No problems whatsoever. Do you people get fingerprints all over your bulbs? That will cause bulb fail. These bulbs (even stock) burn HOT and even something like a fingerprint on (probably all over) the bulb will cause a surface temperature variation of the glass that will cause the bulb to fail.

I'm not into blinding everybody else with "special" bulbs because I know what it's like to get blinded by everybody else with "special" bulbs.....RANT.
Besides, If one bulb goes out I can stop just about anywhere and get a replacement.
While we're at it, can we finally stop it with the freakin blue headlights? Just because you can doesn't mean you should and, does anybody actually know how to properly aim their headlights anymore? RANT.
Don't get me started on Portland bike ****'s and their 4 billion candle power bike strobe lights. Oh go ahead, I dare ya. RANT again.
Just saying...

Last edited:

Prormk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
iLikeEggs,

Thanks for all of the great help and words of advice.

Last edited:

rmcclean12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Strange issue I just noticed. Check video out. Driver bulb stays on for a few seconds after pass goes out. I emailed XD support. Anyone have any idea what might cause that? Both sides are wired identically with the exception of ground locations.

Last edited:

Prormk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would also contact The Retrofit Source. You don't have to tell them which kit you have, just talk with them. Each time I have called, the have been more than helpful.

rmcclean12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
XD Support said the CANBUS stores power so there is likely a difference in power being stored between each adapter causing one light to stay on longer.

I did contact TRS as well and they said to swap the ballast side to side and see if prob follows. Not a huge issue, just a slight annoyance.

Kenne Currie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just installed xenondepot HID Xtreme kit on '15 Yukon xl slt. Install was very straightforward. Took a little over an hour for both. Biggest pain was the airbox and placement on pass. side.

Very happy with light output with first short nighttime drive. Cutoff is clean. Hoping reliability is good as well. Went with the Philips bulb upgrade. Great match to drl's and led fogs.
Which lights did you update with the phillips bulb?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heyy_baybay