Low Beam Bulb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^I don't see how/why the H9 would be any different than the H11.

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, well you gotta be more specific on what bulbs you're looking at. Got a link? Not all H9's have the same lumens. "H9" indicates the style/base bulb, and has nothing to do with the bulb's performance. I've never heard of a 65W HID bulb. I thought 50W was the max you could go without melting your housings haha. Regardless, if you found a 65W H9 bulb, chances are there's a 65W H11 bulb as well.

Juniorss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed on my dads new Tahoe (2015i) that GM uses the low beam as a DRL. Are you guys just running into any issues with that? I've been told that the DRL run at a lower voltage or wattage. However I know the Morimoto kits are wired right to the battery and only use the stock harness to tell it to turn on or off, so I'm thinking its not an issue?

Reaction score
Frustrated...Got my package in the mail today from theretrofitsource.com But it didn't include the AMP Igniters due to them being out of stock and there was no ETA on the form...So now I get to sit and wait all the while getting to look at this box of parts...

Attachments

• 20141226_135438.jpg
    20141226_135438.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 27

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AMP igniters? All you need are the bulbs, the ballasts and the harness. All of which I can see in your box. Can you be more specific about what you're missing?

Reaction score
AMP igniters? All you need are the bulbs, the ballasts and the harness. All of which I can see in your box. Can you be more specific about what you're missing?

Here is a diagram that shows it...Can't see how I would put it in without it. All that is in the box is the relay harness, the Ballast & the bulbs...

Attachments

• Wire Diagram2.jpg
    Wire Diagram2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 30

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the same kit I do, you don't need the separate AMP igniters. There should be 2 wires coming directly out of the ballast that connect to the 2 little harness wires from the bulbs. If you check the ballasts you received, they probably don't look like they do in that diagram.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerodmortensen