Loud knocking sound in climate control -- Blend door actuator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmo2610

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm a new (to me) Tahoe owner, so I'm also a newbie here. I have an '04 with the 2 climate control sliders. I've searched the forum and found similar issues to mine, but not the same. My driver's side only blows freezing cold, or piping hot. There is no in between temp. Passenger side works fine. On top of that, when I have the slider in the middle, it makes a pretty loud knocking sound. Would a blend door actuator replacement fix this? I linked a youtube video of the sound actually happening (hope the insert link button works).

Thanks in advance for help and advice.

http://youtu.be/usVqpwiXIlo

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what you described and the video, sounds very much like it is the blend door actuator.
Btw, welcome!

OP
OP
J

jmo2610

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, Chauncey!

Sooo, having a hard time finding a part number for this (I can only find one for 99-02, mine's an 04). Checked Rock Auto, and none of the descriptions on their parts are what I'm looking for, so I'm assuming they don't carry it. Anyone know a part number, or like a Dorman equivalent?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thousands of threads for the actuators...

PN 52474810

Photo2464.jpg

EDIT: Looks like this is for the 00-02 only

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jmo2610

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I could totally be wrong on this, but everything I've looked up says that part is only for 99-02, and that it's not compatible with my 04. That's the part I was searching for at first, which led me to post here.

I finally think I found it on the Dorman website. I don't know what the GM part is, but for Dorman, it's 604-111... I think.

khollenb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you can get to it either get the part number and go to a gm dealer and have them look for it and any supersedes and be sure to check the number of pins in it it normally will be the same,Ken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arthurrodriguez77

Latest posts