LOUD Hum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remote started my Tahoe and heard this hum come and go from the outside. I thought it was some song so I opened the door and it was just humming away. It faded for a few seconds then came back. I disconected my RCAs and it is still there. It's not a quiet hum, it is LOUD, like plug your ears loud!!! I haven't had any issues since I've installed it over a year ago. What is going on??

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

After further investigation I narrowed it down to my subs amp. I disconnected my trigger wire and the noise stopped. Then I reconnected the wire and everything was fine. After a few seconds the hum started to reappear. I hit the top of the amp around the RCAs with my palm and the hum kind of changes. So long story short I think my sub amp is bad. My current amp is a RF1500-1bd. It is out of warranty so I don't know whether to send it to RF or someone else to get repaired or find another amp... What is a good place that repairs these amps that are reliable and resonable price?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160