05 tahoe lt subwoofers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caternaut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ave a 2005 lt w/ bose I installed a aftermarket dd radio. I also have subs and an amp. I installed the steering wheel control modual and the aftermarket deck. The deck works how it should, steering wheel function is correct. I have sound in all speakers. The amp has power (it is not in protect mode) but I cannot get subs to work

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

What steering wheel control adapter do you have?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ave a 2005 lt w/ bose I installed a aftermarket dd radio. I also have subs and an amp. I installed the steering wheel control modual and the aftermarket deck. The deck works how it should, steering wheel function is correct. I have sound in all speakers. The amp has power (it is not in protect mode) but I cannot get subs to work
could litteraly be anything, the best thing to do now is verify that you have output from the headunit for the subs and that the amp is in fact working.
one of the two is not working or is not turned on properly.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Scosche LPGM25
I forgot exactly what happened but I do remember I had to rip out the cheap scosche box I got when I first did my setup and get a better box from my audio guy.
This seems like a rca or a speaker wire issue though if the amp has power to it when the radio is on

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot exactly what happened but I do remember I had to rip out the cheap scosche box I got when I first did my setup and get a better box from my audio guy.
This seems like a rca or a speaker wire issue though if the amp has power to it when the radio is on
If @caternaut installed an aftermarket radio. Wouldn’t they run RCAs directly from the radio instead of one of those speaker wire taps?

Some of them speaker wire converters need a signal wire too.

OP
OP
C

caternaut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rc cables are plugged into the back of the head unit on the rsw outlet and ran to amp. I have a notion that it has something to do with the remote from amp to head unit wiring harness.

OP
OP
C

caternaut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The amp and woofers were working when I pulled them out of my camry just minutes befor putting them into the tahoe and connecting the wiring

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
If @caternaut installed an aftermarket radio. Wouldn’t they run RCAs directly from the radio instead of one of those speaker wire taps?

Some of them speaker wire converters need a signal wire too.
Yes and it’d you got power to the amp then the remote wire should be fine because the radio is telling the amp to cut on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo