loosing .5 gal of coolant in 24 miles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
the original gasket design was thin on sealing points and eventually would pop open under heat, stress and pressure. that is why i recommend set of felpro packages to get a permanent fix in. has not failed yet.

OP
OP
Jerky Arm Ape

Jerky Arm Ape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It supposed had the fel pro perma-dry (I think that's what they are called) manifold gaskets installed.
I didn't do it so I can't know for sure.

Although I have seen in person some a lower Intake that actually corroded enough around the water port to break through and fill the engine with water, which called for a full rebuild.
I'm a little worried about my engine filling with water myself.
I Definately don't have the cash put back for a new engine atm.

I'll pull all plugs and inspect next Friday when I'm off.
Hopefully it limps along till then. Very hopeful.

OP
OP
Jerky Arm Ape

Jerky Arm Ape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
youve already killed several baby seals
:sorrysign:
Well if they're dead already, may as well make good use of them.... you recon they taste any good?

Maybe the coolant monster won't steal my cooked seal.
Never underestimate the sneakyness

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

at your rate of loss don't drive it if avoidable.if burning it thru there you are jut messing up exhaust as well.
Ok, i work night shift next week so I'll drive the wife's vehicle.

I'll probably end up pulling the intake Friday if I can tell there's water running through the cylinder.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jerky Arm Ape

Jerky Arm Ape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the coolant system pressuring tool was the ticket.
Found the leak running down behind the alternator.
Pulled the alternator and it's the intake gaskets and/or intake corrosion + heater core hose quick connect leaking.

By the time I pulled the alternator, I could hear the pressure leaking into the manifold through the throttle body.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPKennny