Looking to upgrade Exhaust - 2011 Tahoe LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tbarker397

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey All,

I am looking to upgrade me exhaust on my 2011 Tahoe LT.

I am not looking for anything major. Just trying to get a little more growl out of it. I have been told an upgraded muffler is all I need. But I am looking for recommendations.

Please let me know what you all suggest. Not looking to spend to much, but open to anything.

Thanks for any and all input.

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can run anything but for a little more growl i would look into a dynomax, mac, magnaflow mufflers all in stainless steel. Just have it welded in place of your stock muffler. ....i will admit i don't know how will sounds with cylinder deactivation if you have that.

Sent with Tapatalk2 while planning world **********!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1st, just remove the rear resonator near the exhuast tip. They make an SLP tip ($10ish) that will make it nice and shiney, but ou can literally just cut it off to see if you like the sound.

If you want more, You can do a full exhaust or just a muffler swap, but to many people, removing the resonator is enough.

I have the Magnaflow 12589 muffler and no resonator on mine and it's great. Only reason I even did the muffler was I got it almost free.

gibbygsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
went with the slp resonator delete and love it. A little louder but no drone inside at all. If you want to go catback I have been looking into Corsa. A little more expensive the the other guys but they claim no inside drone while cruising on the freeway. They also make a DB black and red series if you don't want a catbck. Hit up youtube and crank up the speakers. I h justccan't make a decision if I want it louder. Here's a link... http://youtu.be/pGG9ibWPdJI

MudnRox

Rebel without a clue
Reaction score
I just did a magnaflow 12589 along with an Slp resonator delete. It sounds great and no drone at all. Just loud enough to be heard. My wife didn't even know I had it installed until I got on it. Very good combo for a daily driver.

Last edited:

Bruizza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently installed a Gibson catback exhaust. It's a bit louder than stock but no drone at all. I really like it!

OP
OP
T

Tbarker397

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The resonator delete sounds like the way to go. I was considering putting a stainless steel tip on after the deletion.

I live in VA and am worried about not passing emissions, but the resonator has nothing to do with the exhaust correct?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

CleanSweep

Reaction score
The resonator delete sounds like the way to go. I was considering putting a stainless steel tip on after the deletion.

I live in NORTHERN VA and am worried about not passing emissions, but the resonator has nothing to do with the exhaust correct?

There, fixed it for ya.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076

Latest posts