Looking to squeeze more Mpg?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i had both my OBS trucks i would usually calculate about 10-12 average per tank. if your concerned about mpgs i think your in the wrong truck lol

OP
OP
McFizzl

McFizzl

Broke as a Joke.
Reaction score
Forgot all about this post. Havent had engine light in forever. Still have my jerking at highway speed but Im considering just redoing my suspension maybe with the 6 inch RCX lift that replaces a lot of the worn ball joints and bushings and some new tires. Id rather get 15mpg and look like a badass than buy some junker that may crap out in a few months. Buying a 500-650 bike isnt thrown out yet either.

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think When GM was designing the GMT900s to replace the 800s there were design decisions they HAD to make because the trucks weigh 4-500 lbs more.
The swept back windshield, the lower headroom, leaned back front end, AFM, standard 3.08s (and try finding a 3.45 geared truck in dealer stock)are all there to get the hwy number up to where the public can stomach it.
Think what they would have gotten with GMT800 aero and without all those features and with an extra 500 lbs?

Last edited:

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been doing weekly drives from Charleston, sc to Hendersonville, nc. about 500 miles once driving to home improvement stores is figured in. I usually leave Charleston around
7 and and am back home before 7pm.
This fuel economy is getting to me. 16.3mpg. I figured if I had a vehicle that got 25mpg I would save $28 per trip. $112 a month savings.
But its not worth me buying or leasing another vehicle to get that mileage.
And if I had bought a vehicle that got a lot better mileage it wouldn't have the capabilities nor the comfort of the Tahoe.
if I slow down to get better mileage then I add an hour to the trip. Sucks.

dudeface

Reaction score
lucas fuel injector cleaner and stabilizer.............15 bucks at walmart for enough to add to 10 tanks of fuel. I use 4 oz per full tank..........113 liters canada measurements.

will give you 60 or more extra miles per gas tank right off the bat. after a while it will clean out your system totally and then who knows???

I use it every time i get a tank.

peace

KPOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lucas fuel injector cleaner and stabilizer.............15 bucks at walmart for enough to add to 10 tanks of fuel. I use 4 oz per full tank..........113 liters canada measurements.

will give you 60 or more extra miles per gas tank right off the bat. after a while it will clean out your system totally and then who knows???

I use it every time i get a tank.

peace

Whose leg are you trying to pull?

dudeface

Reaction score

the first time i put it in a full 113 litre tank i got 100 kilometers more. I always record my gas milage every tank................i was averaging 550 to 560 kilometeres a tank. after about 6 months of recording my milage, I tried lucas fist time ...........670 k. i can squeeze up to 720 k out of a tank..........

I live in rural city canada..........traffic is a little better than most cities. but on the highway i get 800+ k per tank. now granted this is not leadfoot driving..........or grampa driving either, just sensible use of the road driving.
my tahoe has the 5.7 vortec.......i am the third owner and it was a government forest registry vehicle out of canmore canada...........mountain roads population 12,288. vehicle was over maintained and currently has 323,683...................................

peace

MC153

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah isn't that like getting an extra 5 mpg. I get a little better gas mileage with Lucas but that much just seems ridiculous.