Looking for a few parts and an auto AC question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dantheman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
havent been able to find the part numbers for.

first up the screw/screw retainer(threaded C clip) that goes on the tail lights. mine was missing one, trying to find those even the right size part thats available elsewhere is cool.

windshield trim for the left and right side. it is missing on both sides of my windshield, likely due to a shoddy install

driver and passender door top side weather stripping. also botched and just laid into place on both sides. i imagine its related to the windshield trim screw up.

and is there anyway to have the auto AC default to recirculate instead of the fresh air setting? i prefer it on recirc and have to turn it on everytime i get in teh truck.

thanks ahead of time.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
havent been able to find the part numbers for.

first up the screw/screw retainer(threaded C clip) that goes on the tail lights. mine was missing one, trying to find those even the right size part thats available elsewhere is cool.

windshield trim for the left and right side. it is missing on both sides of my windshield, likely due to a shoddy install

driver and passender door top side weather stripping. also botched and just laid into place on both sides. i imagine its related to the windshield trim screw up.

and is there anyway to have the auto AC default to recirculate instead of the fresh air setting? i prefer it on recirc and have to turn it on everytime i get in teh truck.

thanks ahead of time.

1. It is called a capture nut and can get at a parts store.

2. For trim either the salvage yard or give LMC Truck Parts a call after look online.

3. Weather strip also at LMC Truck.

4. Don't know about the default recirc but it is so easy to change it is a no problem to me.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Can even get the capture nut at LMC.

OP
OP
dantheman

dantheman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you. looks like LMC is going to get some money from me tonight.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Did you look at their web site? Lots of stuff there and they know there stuff.

OP
OP
dantheman

dantheman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
didnt even occur to me to check there as i thought they only did older trucks. but really these are older trucks haha.

ive been pricing out restoration parts for my fiances dads truck we are going to restore (72 chevy long bed) but never made the connection that they would have NBS stuff.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yea, they are a great source to find things like what you need for either truck and good pricing. They are out of Lenexa, Ks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Friendy