Long term fuel trim numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gordy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My long term fuel trim is always 25 at idle. I know this is not normal. Any ideas as to what may be the cause of high LTFT numbers.

My milage sucks at 11 mpg for a 5.3 liter. It runs fine did plugs wires cleaned erg valve etc.

Sometimes it throws a code bank one, and 2 lean which I know is probably the intake gasket, but it only does it once ion a while when its cold out.

Gordy

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmm... wonder if thats something my scanner can tell me. ill go look real quick...

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

im showing 10.94 bank 1 and 14.06 bank 2, at idle. but im not sure what would cause the difference. what program are you pullig the fuel trim with? is there anyway you can post a screen shot of all your values? we can compare them to mine, i have an scantool elm 5 and it shows like 20 values

OP
OP
G

Gordy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel trim

Using an Actron scanner.

The hoe usually sits but been driving it to work for a week, and half now so I have been hooking up the scanner on the highway, and it seems ltft is usually +25%.

I just took a jaunt after my post, and I was running + 10ishs LTFT. STFT always seems normal.

Gordy

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my stft is realtime and its up and down, all over the place. i wonder what would cause the change in ltft's. and why are my banks ltft's different?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnybalo

Latest posts