logically thinking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
if you can afford to break shit, go ahead and break shit. lol. but i know i couldnt afford it and i'd try to build it up so it doesnt break.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
im going to throw a good used SC on the silverado, completly the way it is. When the tranny blows, get a built one. I know its gunna blow sooner or later. I have a great mechnic who will say failer and it will be under my new tranny warranty, get 2500 towards a new built tranny and for about 2k get a tranny that can handle 6-700 rwhp.

But look at jenna, she has a blower and is still running her stock tranny. adding the SC will give you a ton of power. WHo knows it may last a while, or it may blow next week, cant hurt to try.

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
true true, but do you think being as old as my truck is compared to her what like 03 04 05?? imean thats a hell of a lot newer you know.. i say its worth a shot too.

Rollin Thunder

Reaction score
true true, but do you think being as old as my truck is compared to her what like 03 04 05?? imean thats a hell of a lot newer you know.. i say its worth a shot too.

My truck is an 03 but gets the ever living shit beat out of it. I really dont think it matters. 4l60 is a 4l60. Slap it on and hope for the best imo. Hey might save your self a couple Gs for now. But I would start saving after you put it on.

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
im saving for my sc. And new boost cam. Along with a set of dyno tunes and the guages to go with the sc if anyone wants a good deal on dyno runs or tune sessions. Hit me up.

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Atomic, look into CPT transmissions. He usually does F body trannies, but its pretty much the same thing. And they are the best of the best IMHO, don't spend $2K on a tranny that will just let you down, get one built by him and you will not have to worry about anything. Also you will need a good converter and he could hook you up with that too.

But when I got my 95 Camaro the tranny was perfect, shifted awesome, chirped the tires going into 2nd without any tuning or shift kits. Then I blew my motor and went from a completely stock motor making about 265 RWHP to a motor that puts down 430 RWHP and my tranny lasted less than 3k miles before it gave up. I could still drive it, but I couldn't go more than 1/4 throttle before it would start slipping. I was going to have frank at CPT rebuild it, but got a good deal on a 6 speed, so I swapped it from auto to manual.

Buy the supercharger, but you will get addicted to boost and start pushing your luck shortly after installing it. Then you will burn up a set of pistons, or start breaking rods, the tranny will go and you will be really dissapointed. Well thats how I get. I just don't want to see someone give up on a project because it started breaking shit.

But I'd say get the SC and install it, but be smart about it and don't start turning up the boost until your ready for it. Also if your still TBI start looking into multi port injection setup, you will gain alot from that, especially with boost.

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
thanks for the advice man. i was planning on getting the SC and stashing it in my closet, buying long tubes put those on, but intake manifold and stash it, bigger brakes.. i was just going to build myself up until i knew i could eventually have enough money for her and slap it on.. But i have that little percentage in me to see and test her out with my stock drivetrain lol

Rollin Thunder

Reaction score
Atomic, look into CPT transmissions. He usually does F body trannies, but its pretty much the same thing. And they are the best of the best IMHO, don't spend $2K on a tranny that will just let you down, get one built by him and you will not have to worry about anything. Also you will need a good converter and he could hook you up with that too.

But when I got my 95 Camaro the tranny was perfect, shifted awesome, chirped the tires going into 2nd without any tuning or shift kits. Then I blew my motor and went from a completely stock motor making about 265 RWHP to a motor that puts down 430 RWHP and my tranny lasted less than 3k miles before it gave up. I could still drive it, but I couldn't go more than 1/4 throttle before it would start slipping. I was going to have frank at CPT rebuild it, but got a good deal on a 6 speed, so I swapped it from auto to manual.

Buy the supercharger, but you will get addicted to boost and start pushing your luck shortly after installing it. Then you will burn up a set of pistons, or start breaking rods, the tranny will go and you will be really dissapointed. Well thats how I get. I just don't want to see someone give up on a project because it started breaking shit.

But I'd say get the SC and install it, but be smart about it and don't start turning up the boost until your ready for it. Also if your still TBI start looking into multi port injection setup, you will gain alot from that, especially with boost.

http://www.cahallperformancetransmissions.com/

Is this him, and also looking at his 4l60E. Could I really just sent him my 4l65 and for 1400 get it to pro race level???? What kinda power could it handle then? any idea?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willb

Latest posts