Locks and Alarm Going of In Rain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lkrasner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last 2 times it has rained, my alarm has started repeatedly going off. I can disable it, but it comes back within a few minutes. I have to disconnect the battery now whenever there's a chance of rain overnight... Last time I drove it after this happening (and having the battery disconnected overnight), the locks started locking and unlocking repeatedly for about 20 minutes straight.

Now, this is probably exactly what caused the alarm, since unlocking the car with the door button after it has been locked with the remote sets it off.

So clearly something is shorting out from water, but where the hell should I even begin to look? Diagnosing electrical problems is hard enough, diagnosing intermittent issues is even worse.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well both the lock/unlock function and security come from your BCM. Your BCM is underneath the dash. It aint raining there, is it? Doubt it. So where what could it be? Hmm....ahh I know. The ground wire that your BCM uses to get 12v negative. Which happens to be located behind your engine on the firewall. Look for a stud with a braided uninsulated flat cable. Thats your problem child. Loose, corroded, broken off. Clean it, replace it if need be, reconnect if its corroded in half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20