Lock'er Down Console Safe for 2015 Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moliver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. Purchased a console safe from Mobile Security Plus for my 2015 Yukon XL. I have my CCW and like to keep a gun in the Yukon. Not too many companies making a drop-in console safe in high quality - this company did it right. Thick gauge metal safe with perfect fit and finish, sits flush and no gaps. Once unlocked and the cam turned, the door is spring-loaded and opens.

I went with the Combi-Cam E Electronic Lock which was an upgrade. Didn't want to carry a key all the time and the other key-less had too small of digits to see. The Combi-Cam is perfect and easy to use. Installation was less than 10 minutes and instructions super easy to follow.

If you're considering a console safe, check this company out.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Last edited:

kuslamb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is very cool. Nice install. How much did the setup cost?

OP
OP
M

Moliver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is very cool. Nice install. How much did the setup cost?

Online price is $275 for the safe and $100 extra for the Combi-Cam E Electronic Lock. The lock makes all the difference and is worth the extra. If you're securing a hand gun, nice camera, etc., the console safe is well worth it. If you like them on Facebook, you can get 10% off as well.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is very nice, thanks for sharing.

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool idea. What's to stop someone from just pulling the whole safe out and taking it with them?

Personally if I need my gun, I don't want to have to use a combo to get it out but this would be good to store things.

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think I'd want a safe in my car that looked like a safe. I'm with imnohero. The only reason I might want to lock up my weapon out of sight in my car is if I had to visit a school for some reason.

kcb14214

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm betting it bolts to the floor under that felt pad like others I've seen. You'd have to pry/cut the center console out with the safe door locked to remove it from the vehicle.

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are many places in Texas that you can't carry legally. For those of us that carry as much as a we can, we are forced, at times, to secure the handgun in our car. I think that this is probably one of the best solutions to deter a smash and grab that I've seen. I have had this type of console insert in previous vehicles, but had not been able to find one yet for the 2015 GM Quadruplets. Thanks for providing this information, and they will be on the shortlist for after I take delivery.

OP
OP
M

Moliver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, the safe bolts to the interior of the inner console. I've been using the safe for when I'm carrying and want to leave my gun in the car (going into schools, churches, etc.).

It will deter a smash and grab, but like anything, if someone has hours to break into it they could. Wouldn't be easy as this very well constructed and secured to the vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broadie59