LMC Signal Lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diggerdan11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So for years I had the Sylvania Silverstars in my DRLs and Signals, you know the ones that have a bluish tint to them and light up amber. I would love to get some but since they have been discontinued for years they are hard to come by. I have seen them on ebay but I don't think I wanna pay $40+ a pair.

LMC has some bulbs that look similar.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/ce/full.aspx?Page=62

So does anyone have the LMC bulbs? If so what are your thoughts?

I'm also interested in other options, I know I can go LED but hate having to mess with hyper flash. I really like the look of Amber DRLs

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey fellow Oregonian! Not many of us on here. I'm not sure about those bulbs; I went with all LED but with my 02 I just had to swap out the flasher relay with an electronic one but I believe with yours the flasher is incorporated in the BCM and you'd have to use load resistors for turn signals but the DRL can be LED's without any problems.

OP
OP
Diggerdan11

Diggerdan11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey fellow Oregonian! Not many of us on here. I'm not sure about those bulbs; I went with all LED but with my 02 I just had to swap out the flasher relay with an electronic one but I believe with yours the flasher is incorporated in the BCM and you'd have to use load resistors for turn signals but the DRL can be LED's without any problems.

Yeah I think your right about that and I was trying to avoid having to use load resistors.

Where in Oregon are you located? I'm in Tigard

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you not go into the BCM and change settings to stop the hyperflash?
I know with the Fords, people are using forscan to do just that.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got straight chrome ones off eBay for 12 bucks for 4 of them. Work great and look even better. Didn't want to spend the money on switchbacks and had a fear they wouldn't match my low beam color exactly.

OP
OP
Diggerdan11

Diggerdan11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got straight chrome ones off eBay for 12 bucks for 4 of them. Work great and look even better. Didn't want to spend the money on switchbacks and had a fear they wouldn't match my low beam color exactly.

I have used the chrome ones in the past years ago before I discovered the Silverstars. In fact I put a pair in my 07 Yukon, and I may have a few more i my junk drawer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sylentnite