Little help on 4 hi mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Okcderek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the painless wiring kit on my Tahoe & followed directions but still not lighting a four on Hi..

OP
OP
DefendHawaii

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
Hey if you are having issues with the wiring harness set up. Try this 1N4004 diode and wire it into the green and tan wires from low and high beam near the Relay center. I melted a little of the housing off and i connected mine up. I didnt have a soldering iron so i tightly wrapped the diode around them to make solid contact. Then I tested high and low. low is good high is good. I took shrink wrap and heat shrinked to keep moisture from coming in. Then used electrical tape and heated and wrapped it tightly. For now it works and its a great cheap way.

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how did you tap into the low/high wires? the diode works good too a lot less work... i have that on mine with my own headlight harness and no problems. it got rid of my hid flicker when i went to high beams as well

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

the low and high on in low sounds like relays hooked up wrong... when doing my buddys did that on accident( it was late lol) switch em around and should work as wanted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scokat