Little help on 4 hi mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
So I have read and searched some about running a 4 hi mod. Here is my issue and questions.

I now am running a 55w HID set as my lows. and a 35w as highs. I have both with Relay harnesses and are grounded etc.

What is a good way to do the 4Hi Mod? I have seen just do the diode from radioshack and then upgrade my fuze?

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since your running external relay harnesses, theres no need for the diode trick and you only need to do ONE side to connect the 2 relay harnesses.

simply unplug the OEM HIgh beam plugs from your Relay harness..

Take the now unplugged high beam relay harness and wire it to your low beam relay harness with snap splice connects where it connects to the OEM low beam plug.

OP
OP
DefendHawaii

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
Ok the splicing thing scares me. I honestly have no skills or experience with electrical stuff. can fab and build guns all day but wiring and stuff scare me. Would that diode trick still work in this case?

By snap splicing it would I even have to use the highbeam flasher anymore? or could it just always be on?

OP
OP
DefendHawaii

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
I read there is a yellow wire inside the fuze box relay center that you can just pull out and ground? This will cause the 4 hi to work as well. Has anyone heard it?

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read there is a yellow wire inside the fuze box relay center that you can just pull out and ground? This will cause the 4 hi to work as well. Has anyone heard it?

That only works on 00-02 Tahoes. You simply ground the yellow wire for the lowbeam healights and they will stay on when you turn the highs on. The NBS trucks power both the highs and lows when the headlights are on. Then the highbeam switch simply removes the ground from the lows and applies it to the highs. Thats how permanantly grounding the lows works on the 00-02 trucks.

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just put the diode between the high beam "trigger" wire and the low beam "trigger" wire. remember the diodes are directional, so you put it from the high beam side to the low beam side. then, the high beam trigger powers the switch on the low beam relay and then both relays will power up. i have a similar setup as yours, but my lows are 35 and my highs are 55. i just got the biggest diode that i could find at radio shack, and have had no problems for probably a year now.

OP
OP
DefendHawaii

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
Like this right
c6e4dc10-7c3b-7215.jpg

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'd have to go look at my truck, if you have a multimeter or voltmeter, it's gonna be the one that is 12v+ when on, 0v when off. lemme go look and see what ones i have jumped with the diode on mine. but i don't have fogs, so there may be another interlock that will keep the highs from being on with the fogs. brb.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

i went from #87 to #87 from high relay to low relay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reklawnit