Light lenses? Best bulbs for dark interior? share your interior lighting projects

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Meccanoble, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Meccanoble

Meccanoble Full Access Member

Name:
    Emeka
    One of the bulb lenses in second row broke leaving bulb fully accessible on passenger side. Needed a replacement but figure this is a great opportunity to change to better lenses (if that exists) or just replace with same. Wasnt sure what part number was or where I can get besides dealer/junk yard.

Also, I wanted to improve lighting on inside but its my understanding the lighting you get is different with dark and light interior. Dark interior should have a "cooler" feel? Any feedback and bulbs you had success with?

I had blue bulbs added all over a black interior sedan when I was younger and it looked good back then. Very curious to see what type of lighting projects people have one in their interior. Not trying to have a neon show but there are ways to add lights in a tasteful way even for grown ups :)

2. Fosscore

Fosscore Full Access Member

Name:
    Michael
    Here are a couple pics from both of my trucks.

I originally put white LEDs in the 2006 Tahoe and then decided to change a bit to the blue LEDs. The white was very bright and crisp. The blue is cooler and more mellow, but still bright. I like it, my wife not so much. I may swap back to the white at some point, but the blue goes with the overall theme of the blue truck.
    27554-8585ba15db387c88f7546cd983600e49.jpg
    IMG_7348.JPG IMG_7111.JPG

I put white LEDs in the Suburban and they are super bright for my wife. Both trucks have light interiors. Pewter for the Tahoe and the Cashmere for the Suburban.
    IMG_1070.JPG

kwOH and HiHoeSilver like this.
  3. Meccanoble

Name:
    Emeka
    That white looks bright. I was worried about blue but glad to see things are still visible. Can the blue get annoying if kept on too long. This why i wanted a cooler lighting but not sure if that can be done with a type of white or if color is needed.

4. Fosscore

Fosscore Full Access Member

Name:
    Michael
    I like both colors. The white is super bright for sure, pretty much daytime in there. I like how bright it is for the family Suburban/kid hauler when they are getting in at dark.

The blue doesn't bother me and I rarely just sit in there with them on other than lock/unlock. Everything is still visible, just toned down a bit.

Really depends on whether you are going for a theme or just want it brighter. Either way, the LED swap all around is worth it.

5. HiHoeSilver

HiHoeSilver Away! Supporting Member

Name:
    Nate
  6. Meccanoble

Name:
    Emeka
    Anyone know part number for the dome lens that goes with the drop down screen in the middle? There are 2 of them. Having trouble finding the right one.

7. swathdiver

swathdiver Full Access Member

Name:
    James
    We considered changing our lights to LEDs, too bright, way too bright for our tastes.

8. kwOH

kwOH Elite Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Kenny
    All white LEDs on black interior in my 07 Yukon Denali.
    [​IMG]