Light lenses? Best bulbs for dark interior? share your interior lighting projects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin Hawkins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've installed red LEDs in my Victory Red Avalanche. I used to crew on the Blackhawk helicopter and we used red for low light and to not ruin our night vision. So far so good...I'll post pics tonight!

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bear in mind that photos of LED interior lights often look far brighter than they do in person. Before I went with white LEDs, I was pretty much against them based on seeing so many shots on here that seemed SUPER bright. But once I installed them they are not. They're great.

What I like most is the fact that the LED light renders colors very accurately---no yellowing and no bluing, just pure color without distortion.

I've now got LEDs in the entire interior, headlamps (low beam), DRLs, license plates, reverse lights, fog lights and puddle lamps.

Last edited:

Slammed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bear in mind that photos of LED interior lights often look far brighter than they do in person. Before I went with white LEDs, I was pretty much against them based on seeing so many shots on here that seemed SUPER bright. But once I installed them they are not. They're great.

What I like most is the fact that the LED light renders colors very accurately---no yellowing and no bluing, just pure color without distortion.

I've now got LEDs in the entire interior, headlamps (low beam), DRLs, license plates, reverse lights, fog lights and puddle lamps.
Mine are very very bright I'm surprised.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Justin Hawkins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's very different lol looks cool. Can you read stuff? When they are on?

Absolutely. That's how we read maps and equipment in the military. That was 10+ years ago. There's been a shift to green and some blue, but when I served, we used red. Reminds me of sitting in the cockpit again! Red preserves night vision, so when we flew it was red light or no light!

Slammed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Absolutely. That's how we read maps and equipment in the military. That was 10+ years ago. There's been a shift to green and some blue, but when I served, we used red. Reminds me of sitting in the cockpit again! Red preserves night vision, so when we flew it was red light or no light!
Nice

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had white LED bulbs in the interior of my Denali, but they kept flickering and going bad. I wound up going through about 5 or 6 different sets and finally got fed up with constantly changing the bulbs every couple months... so I went back to the stock bulbs and haven't had a lick of trouble with them since... not as bright and kind of yellow, but oh well. My wife is much happier with the non LED bulb.

BlueAc

Reaction score

Earlier tonight I saw a cop car with red interior lights and it caught my attention. You just made it clear why, thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC