Lifting a 2011 chevrolet tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigtrucks27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am purchasing a 2012 chevrolet tahoe-- i plan on going with the bds 6in suspension kit but not set on it; i am just wondering if 35's have been fitting with out major rubbing with the 6 in lifts? I have installed plenty of lifts on the cehvrolet 1500's new style and have been putting 7in bds kit on to fit 35's so i am worried about the rubbing on the tahoe- doesn't look like a easy bumper to trim-- any help would be nice

CrankCase

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
35's will fit with some trimming.
I am running a 6" Fabtech lift and 35" BFG A/T tires. I did need to trim the front bumper/valance at a slight angle and pull the inner fender towards the bumper side a little bit to keep it form rubbing, just ran a bolt through the inner fender to a support on the bumper side. I also needed to trim the front of the side steps slightly as well.

But I am also running a 9" wide wheel with 4.5" of backspace, which pushes the wheel a little further out than what is necessary. Check with yuor lift manufacturer to see what wheels will work and what backspace is required. I have heard that a stock 20" will work with most lifts, but have no personal experience with that set up. If so, the stock 20" will put the wheel further inside the wheel well and less trimming should be necessary.

Out of curiosity, what is the gear ratio in your truck? Mine was 3.08 and with the lift and tires it was really slow off the line and had a hard time climbing hills or grades. I have since swapped to a 4.56 ratio and couldnt be happier with the performance of it. Just something to think about.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Run a FTS 7" Lift and some Bilstein struts and you should be fine. There is another member on here running that setup if I remember correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coops924