Leveling With Bilsteins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone leveled with the 24-251976 Bilsteins? I have a 2015.5 Yukon SLT 4WD with the HD trailering package (includes the rear air leveler) and I need 1.5-2.0 inches to be level. Bilstein's notes say "Excludes Police Package; Excludes Z85 Premium Smooth Ride Suspension Package with Air leveler". Looking at the 2015+ RPO codes, here's what I find:

ZW7 Suspension Package, Premium Smooth Ride

Z85 Suspension Package, Standard, increased capacity, Premium Smooth Ride with Air leveler
1 - Included and only available with (NHT) HD Trailering Package.

Z95 Suspension Package, Magnetic Ride Control

So I'm confused. I checked and there's no airbags or wiring going to my front shocks. I don't understand why it wouldn't work. Am I missing something? I've sent an email to the guys at Shock Warehouse to see what they say.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have those 5100s installed on my Tahoe with Z85. I love the ride! No troubles (not too much anyway) with install. They are a smidge long so they had to be persuaded into place.

I am not using them to lift per se. I have some McGaughy's front 2" drop spring perches, which drop more than 2". So I cranked the Bilstein up to 1.2" lift with a 2" drop that netted an overall 1,25" drop. Still sitting a little low in front for me, so I might try 1.6" lift in the near future. Hopefully that will net right at 1" drop.

I love the ride and handling. Firm but not harsh. The stock struts were too sloppy with no rebound control. You could feel the front wheels bouncing around. Now everything is nice and controlled.

OP
OP
C

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. That makes me feel better. Now I've got to figure out if the 1.6" of lift setting actually equates to that. I need 1.5-2.0" to be perfectly level. Wonder if it actually works out to be more like the SuspensionMaxx kit where the 0.75" tall lower spacers equate to a 1.5" lift.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I knew. The grooves on the strut for the c-clips are about 0.4" apart. I measured them. I calculated every which way and still ended up off. But surprisingly it seems to be fairly close to a 1:1 ratio. I.e. 0.4" worth of clip height equals 0.4" of lift height--about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE