Leveling my Hoe any input?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Screwd up 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say crank them to be even with the rear. the amount u cranked could have been done with stock keys. Have u considered 285? If I recall a 275/70/17 is a 32x10.83. It will look good but it sucks that u have the parts to clear 33s amd aren't using them

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Just measured mine. Stock height with nivomats and 265/70/16
front -35.25
rear- 37.00

Knowing your z71 springs and space were at 39 let me know to buy 1.50 spaces and not 2" to match my spindles. I have been researching for months now and no one had the info I needed. Thanks

OP
OP
Claymationzoo

Claymationzoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Np man might as well share what I've found out. Do you do a lot of trailer or hauling weight? My truck only had two subs in it during then. And the only other I noticed is with the spacers in and the truck off the ground it didn't seem like the rear axle had much down travel left don't know it that would affect anything at all since I took mine back out so I cannot comment or ride quality or off road use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------

I have though of 285's and I think I will alway want them. The front is only about 1/2 down from the rear and I'm good with that since I never know what I'll have in there from camping or snowboarding gear and people to a livestock trailer behind me and I don't wanna be leaning back. The 275 is just because of mileage and load rating C which I can't find in a 285/70-17 they all seem to be a Pmetric or E rating and I don't want a soft tire or a heavy tire with no give

Screwd up 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well at least you know what you want. Sounds like you have done your fair share of research on tires.

Did you go with the McBay performance spacers over a brand like suspension maxx strickly because of price?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Claymationzoo

Claymationzoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I mean the tires are only .5 in shorter and .4 in thinner that be .25 in clearance gain I'd rather keep weight down and quality up.

On the spacer yes I saw no difference if they were both machined billet aluminum with anodized coating why spend the extra $30 just for a name ad shipping was pretty quick as well

OP
OP
Claymationzoo

Claymationzoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365632633.758609.jpg
Not really the best ground or background at that but at least the hoe is clean :)

Neil Layne

Steel Neil
Reaction score
I have Nitto Terra 285/70/17's on my 07 yukon, it did not effect the fuel efficiency like what you're thinking. My fuel efficiency sensor has only gone down 1/2 mpg. In fact, i wanted to bump up to 33's. it just depends on if you need that little bit of mpg.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

i also have a 2.25" leveling kit and a 1.5" CCM rear spacer. i only lost a few mpg's from all the stuff i have.

OP
OP
Claymationzoo

Claymationzoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say crank them to be even with the rear. the amount u cranked could have been done with stock keys. Have u considered 285? If I recall a 275/70/17 is a 32x10.83. It will look good but it sucks that u have the parts to clear 33s amd aren't using them

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Just measured mine. Stock height with nivomats and 265/70/16
front -35.25
rear- 37.00

Knowing your z71 springs and space were at 39 let me know to buy 1.50 spaces and not 2" to match my spindles. I have been researching for months now and no one had the info I needed. Thanks

I think I messed up I'm taking re measures when I get home I think the rear went down more then originally posted will keep you informed.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

I have Nitto Terra 285/70/17's on my 07 yukon, it did not effect the fuel efficiency like what you're thinking. My fuel efficiency sensor has only gone down 1/2 mpg. In fact, i wanted to bump up to 33's. it just depends on if you need that little bit of mpg.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

i also have a 2.25" leveling kit and a 1.5" CCM rear spacer. i only lost a few mpg's from all the stuff i have.

Thanks man that info does help I was set on those 275 and had the speedo change for them but I'll do alittle more googling tonight just to make certain I know what I want. What was your avg mpg before and after is you know?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
preinternet