Leveling my Hoe any input?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Screwd up 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
top before sorry about the pic angle like i said it was snowing when i started so it was hard plus i was as far as i could get away due to all the cars in the driveway that day.
fenders start : LR 35in RR 35.5in
LF 34.75in RF 35in

bottom is after my fenders are just above where most stock z's sit before i get tires so im ok with it now i guess

Fenders finish : LR 37.25in RR 37.75in
LF 35.75in RF 35.75in

These measurements are with WITHOUT the 1.50 spacer right?

OP
OP
Claymationzoo

Claymationzoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you are correct no spacers but to help the rear there is two rubber coil insulators under the driver side to level with passenger side due to weight of fuel tank. I think the are on 1/4in think not much. But I plan on making another post this evening hopefully because Sunday I put new torsion bars in and another new set of keys because I was unhappy with the first set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screwd up 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the nivomat shocks/springs and mine sits at 38 at stock. BUT I ordered z71 springs to install with 1.50 spacers. I will not gain much but it will allow me to run 5100's now.

OP
OP
Claymationzoo

Claymationzoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the nivomat shocks/springs and mine sits at 38 at stock. BUT I ordered z71 springs to install with 1.50 spacers. I will not gain much but it will allow me to run 5100's now.

What's stopping you from running the 5100's now?

Screwd up 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you are correct no spacers but to help the rear there is two rubber coil insulators under the driver side to level with passenger side due to weight of fuel tank. I think the are on 1/4in think not much. But I plan on making another post this evening hopefully because Sunday I put new torsion bars in and another new set of keys because I was unhappy with the first set

Did the front come up a lot higher now? I want to get mine at 39" all 4 corners. I will be running 3" spindles tho since I am 2wd.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

What's stopping you from running the 5100's now?

Nivomat shocks/coils. The Nivomat coils are a softer spring. The shock is what does most the work. If you replace the shocks with a standard shock, it will ride very sloppy. Very similar to running autoride coils with standard shocks. Long story short, for me to run a longer shock, I have to run a different coil as well...so I bought some z71 coils. Hoping to buy the spindles and install everything next month.

OP
OP
Claymationzoo

Claymationzoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front is another 1/2in higher with a lot of thread left to keep going up on the adj bolt. But you have it easy on 2wd. The coils or nice I picked them up from a junk yard $20 for both so very happy and I don't notice any ride quality diff with the springs since the shocks are amazing but I need to decide on spacers and if I will raise the front.

Screwd up 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I could have gone the cheap (price) route with the keys, but I am dead set on doing spindles to retain the soft stock ride quality. I have had many trucks over the years and Im past the "rough/stiff" ride lol. Plus the city streets here in downtown houston are horrible. If i still lived where I grew up keys wouldnt matter. Roads are smooth there.

Im anxious to see your set up...almost what I will end up with. I am almost done stripping the crappy clear off my z71 snowflakes. Cant wait to get mine done.

OP
OP
Claymationzoo

Claymationzoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had no choice but keys but I hear ya
My rims are still boxed waiting on tires I ruined my first set or the deer did :/
I wish I left the spacers in and cranked those keys for lt295/70-17 nittos if be in heaven but my wallet is too thin for that so I'm settling for Z higher and 275/70-17 cooper at3

After you get your parts in and installed what tires you looking at? And why you pulling the clear coat off the snowflakes?

Last edited:

Screwd up 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am either going to run the nitto trail grappler 295/70/17 or toyo mud terrains.

I bought them with bad clear coat. Stupid decision. Bought them at night and thought they were just dirty. Once I got them all cleaned off I saw that the clear coat was peeling around the lugs and was chipped off from wheel weights. Where it was messed up, the aluminum was black and corroded. So I stripped it all off, polished them up really nice, and will either reclear coat them, or just keep up by polishing them every few weeks.

The z71 wheels will only be temporary and hopefully I will be buying a new set of wheels by end of summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richard A

Latest posts