Leveling Kits!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThatBlackHoe

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm new to the Tahoe/Chevrolet scene, so excuse my ignorance, but I've just got a quick question. I'm looking for a 3 inch front leveling kit for my 2012 LT, but all I have found so far has been for a Silverado, and not a Tahoe. So, will a Silverado leveling kit work on my Tahoe? It seems like it would, but I just wanted to double check before I pulled the trigger!

vinnyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for a level or a lean? I think 3" will give you a lean. I don't have an LT but I think level for those is 2".

SilencedChevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I put on a 3/1.5 leveling kit. If you don't put on the rear puck you will have quite a bit of lean. It still leans with the 1.5" rear puck. Photo of my tahoe. Also mine is an 08 LT
IMG_20160519_064726.jpg

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Level kits for stock rear need 1.5" front only. If you want to lift it then 2.5 front 1/1.5 rear or if 2wd then can do 3 front and 1.5/2 rear. Measure fender heights on flat ground to determine what size lift you need

OP
OP
ThatBlackHoe

ThatBlackHoe

Reaction score
Are you looking for a level or a lean? I think 3" will give you a lean. I don't have an LT but I think level for those is 2".
Oh alright, cool. Thanks for that! I wouldn't mind a little bit of lean, so I might go for a 2.5 inch!

OP
OP
ThatBlackHoe

ThatBlackHoe

Reaction score
Level kits for stock rear need 1.5" front only. If you want to lift it then 2.5 front 1/1.5 rear or if 2wd then can do 3 front and 1.5/2 rear. Measure fender heights on flat ground to determine what size lift you need
Thanks! That helps a lot! My main problem is finding these leveling kits. I always find them for a Silverado, but never for a Tahoe. Would a Silverado leveling kit fit my Tahoe?

OP
OP
ThatBlackHoe

ThatBlackHoe

Reaction score
It's looking like I might be going with a 2.5" leveling kit. I am looking for a slight bit of lean, but nothing too over the top. If I were to buy a Silverado leveling kit, would it fit my Tahoe? I can find Silverado leveling kits all day, but nothing for my Tahoe, haha!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ThatBlackHoe

ThatBlackHoe

Reaction score
Well I put on a 3/1.5 leveling kit. If you don't put on the rear puck you will have quite a bit of lean. It still leans with the 1.5" rear puck. Photo of my tahoe. Also mine is an 08 LT
IMG_20160519_064726.jpg
Good looking rig! 4wd? Do you remember how much of a lean you had with just the 3" front puck? Was it pretty "squatty" looking?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Yeah any front end for Silverado or Sierra fit. The rear has to be Yukon Tahoe specific cause of coil springs vs truck with leaf springs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364

Latest posts