Left Rear Tali/Brake Light Out, sort of

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2017 Yukon Denali
I noticed yesterday the tail light was out on the left, checked the brake light and it does not function either. The light came back on with a little smack and some choice cussing.

I had one fail back in May of '22, changed at the dealer, two hours away, some kind of extended warranty or good faith thing. I am not interested in driving over and spending half a day at the dealer for this. I am aware of the diy fix also.

I am looking at the aftermarket and would like to know from fellow owners experiences and ratings of the aftermarket tail lights out there.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I would have thought it would be a bulb replacement but when I looked, the assembly has to be replaced? That is just stupid, unless I looked in the wrong place, Looks like there is a circuit board poor connection as the culprit. Look at you tube.

OP
OP
M

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have thought it would be a bulb replacement but when I looked, the assembly has to be replaced? That is just stupid, unless I looked in the wrong place, Looks like there is a circuit board poor connection as the culprit. Look at you tube.
Yes sir, the whole assembly must be replaced.
I have said it before and I will say it again, its was a sad day when auto makers abandon the common light bulb and sealed beam lights and went with these propriatary units. I have three vehicles that use the old rectangular four light system, a 1981 GMC, an '87 Camaro and my old '96 Kenworth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts