LED swap service?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chwck out this craigslist ad I came across:
http://fresno.craigslist.org/pts/2246239520.html

I was always thinking about doing all my lights but was worried about tearing into something I might end up messing up. My question is if I wear to by all the LEDs hes talking of swapping out how much would it cost to do myself? $190 for a tahoe sounds a bit expensive, or is it a long tedious job?

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think thats pretty reasonable honestly. i have started doing my suburban and it was a pain in the ass, but it is the first one. second one i do should be a little easier. hmm maybe i should put an ad in craigslist??

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's pretty reasonable...it's not so much the parts cost as it is time & soldering skill.

Cameron

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
i would take that price. Thats cheaper than most people charge for a speedo rebuild

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chwck out this craigslist ad I came across:
http://fresno.craigslist.org/pts/2246239520.html

I was always thinking about doing all my lights but was worried about tearing into something I might end up messing up. My question is if I wear to by all the LEDs hes talking of swapping out how much would it cost to do myself? $190 for a tahoe sounds a bit expensive, or is it a long tedious job?

That guy sounds like he knows his shit. I would pay him to do it, and I have the soldering skills (and time) to do it myself. That's just a plain ol' good deal if you ask me.

i think thats pretty reasonable honestly. i have started doing my suburban and it was a pain in the ass, but it is the first one. second one i do should be a little easier. hmm maybe i should put an ad in craigslist??

+1

It's pretty reasonable...it's not so much the parts cost as it is time & soldering skill.

Cameron

+1

i would take that price. Thats cheaper than most people charge for a speedo rebuild

There's a guy on eBay that does complete rebuilds with Esky conversions for $170 out the door. (I know it doesn't apply here, but it's worth mentioning.)

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
I wish I had someone by me who did this I have no clue how to convert all the dash lights...but everything else is swapped out...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I had someone by me who did this I have no clue how to convert all the dash lights...but everything else is swapped out...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

+1 That's the reason I haven't done mine myself. I don't even want to touch those cluster needles!

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I taught that guy a lot of what he knows. That's Ryan on GMfullsize. I have done these upgrades as well. I even made a few how to's on here with step by step instructions and plenty of pics. As far as pricing, he is pretty much equal to what I have charged people. Yes it seems expensive but for the cost of all the LEDs and other stuff needed plus the amount of time it takes to do them, I think its more then fair. Its not as simple as swapping out a few bulbs. I did two sets for members on here so far.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I taught that guy a lot of what he knows. That's Ryan on GMfullsize. I have done these upgrades as well. I even made a few how to's on here with step by step instructions and plenty of pics. As far as pricing, he is pretty much equal to what I have charged people. Yes it seems expensive but for the cost of all the LEDs and other stuff needed plus the amount of time it takes to do them, I think its more then fair. Its not as simple as swapping out a few bulbs. I did two sets for members on here so far.

I was actually going to bring you up and mention that, but I didn't want to obligate you.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah Ryan is a pretty cool guy. I have seen some of his work. He does really good work. And his prices are actually a tad cheaper than what I charge. But for the amount of work involved, I'm not doing it any cheaper. This is just a hobby of mine. Now if ibwas just doing huge amounts of LED upgrades all day every day to make money, then that would be a different story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yusefs257