LED light bar in the front valence?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
The LED fogs really aren't that much brighter than someone who has HIDs in their factory ones. As long as you aim them right. Mine are aimed lower to hit more of the street so they're not too bad for oncoming traffic, and they're spot beam not flood. I finally mounted my 24" behind the grill also to go along with my 52" so if I need light, I have it available. :)

schandler88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can I ask what you mounted the center bar to? Ive got mine and dont really see a ton of options. I was thinking about flipping the brackets so that the long end went out, widening the mounting holes (ie moving them farther apart) then drilling and tapping the frame for the bolts provided. Thoughts?

Where did you get the 880 adapter? That was exactly my thought but no one had one local.

Lastly, did you have to trim the plastic around the bar? Mine just doesnt have room for the eyourlife 2 row bar. I would only see around 1 row of lights. It wouldnt take much trimming to do it though.

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
I bought a piece of aluminum bar at Home Depot, mounted that to the frame where the trans cooler is mounted. Then I just mounted the light bat to that. It sits just a hair below the center bar but not enough to where I want to cut it.
The adapters I ordered from Amazon, came in a set of 5, 10 total if you count male and female plugs separately.
My light bar fits right under the hood release.

This is the only pic I got after I mounted it. I'll try to take better ones if the weather permits. I need to put some adapters on my foglights anyways.

Attachments

• 20150215_101607.jpg
    20150215_101607.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

2003denali26

Reaction score
Finally got a pic with the led bar installed

Attachments

• IMG_1970.jpg
    IMG_1970.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1971.jpg
    IMG_1971.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1972.jpg
    IMG_1972.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1973.jpg
    IMG_1973.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 73

schandler88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Did you have to trim the lower valance at all? What type of bracket did you use to mount your bar? That looks like the same one I have and exactly where I want to mount it.

2003denali26

Reaction score
Did you have to trim the lower valance at all? What type of bracket did you use to mount your bar? That looks like the same one I have and exactly where I want to mount it.

Yes I trimmed the valance, mounted it using two L brackets off the bottom of the bumper, take a look you will see two bolts on either side of the valance hole. also I trimmed just the bottom of the valance area made the hole bigger so the whole led bar could shine threw it.

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that bar amber and white? I didn't know they made them with two tone diodes like that

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 via Tapatalk for Android

2003denali26

Reaction score
Is that bar amber and white? I didn't know they made them with two tone diodes like that

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 via Tapatalk for Android

Yeah, looks the same except the diode is dual. I bought it as a tester, the light bar is very cool. a switch for amber and a switch for white with a special dpdt switch. I am also looking at some osram 7" led bar's for the fogs now.

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, looks the same except the diode is dual. I bought it as a tester, the light bar is very cool. a switch for amber and a switch for white with a special dpdt switch. I am also looking at some osram 7" led bar's for the fogs now.

I can link you where I got my osram spot on the roof. They make them down to 7" I believe. Also they have cubes but I think those are cree. very good price,it is chinese, but Its far better than the US Leds i bought. I would love to take the bar behind my grill and put on the rear and make my current two rear cubes side facing for camp lights.

I would also want to replace the one behind the grill with a two tone amber like yours. How did you get it as a tester?

Last edited:

2003denali26

Reaction score
I can link you where I got my osram spot on the roof. They make them down to 7" I believe. Also they have cubes but I think those are cree. very good price,it is chinese, but Its far better than the US Leds i bought. I would love to take the bar behind my grill and put on the rear and make my current two rear cubes side facing for camp lights.

I would also want to replace the one behind the grill with a two tone amber like yours. How did you get it as a tester?

I meant I bought it to try it out because I was curious haha. shipped to canada was 140 everything in. how is that osram hyper spot reflector? notice any diffrence?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia