LED aux lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dedicated/override switch is the way to go. :love51:

I did something similar but not temp (plan was to use off-road only) but I notice that every one is going crazy if I leave mine on onroad so thanks for the idea of the temp

idealrides

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got a 180 watt 32" LED bar for $160 directly from china ...the heatsinks fit perfectly over the horizontal radiator support bar and really lock it in place, in addition to the mounting legs attached to the thick plastic bumper support/shroud below, it's sits perfectly centered in the lower grill.

_3-vi.jpg

These pictures don't do any justice to the amount of light this thing puts out, but I just parked in front of "Chevy Toy" so I couldn't resist taking a picture...

Just lowbeams...
nobar-vi.jpg

Highbeams and the bar...
bar-vi.jpg

osidesurfer365

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a 180 watt 32" LED bar for $160 directly from china ...the heatsinks fit perfectly over the horizontal radiator support bar and really lock it in place, in addition to the mounting legs attached to the thick plastic bumper support/shroud below, it's sits perfectly centered in the lower grill.

_3-vi.jpg

These pictures don't do any justice to the amount of light this thing puts out, but I just parked in front of "Chevy Toy" so I couldn't resist taking a picture...

Just lowbeams...
nobar-vi.jpg

Highbeams and the bar...
bar-vi.jpg
Do you have any pictures of yours installed? Mostly looking for a pic pointed down the inside of the grill.

idealrides

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Without unbolting the grill/bumper you can't see anything looking down, maybe this will help...

barfront-vi.jpg

barmount-vi.jpg

Jshlafer

Reaction score
What Wattage

What Wattage do you guys use?
240, 180, 220???
I am looking to do this as well. Maybe imbed it into the hexagon plastic in the grill, how hot does the housing get.
Lastly did anyone try the curved bar???
thx

MattMiles7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been wanting to add some aux. lighting to my suburban for some time now. After checking out all my options I decided that LED was the way to go for me. Not wanting to put a front bar on my suburban and not having the spare funds yet for an A.D.D. bumper I went with a bar that would fit nicely in the space I had chosen. I mounted it behind the lower grill opening, but had to work with the mounting hardware for the heat exchanger for my TVS1900, and I did not want to block airflow to it. I ended up with a 20" dual row LED lightbar, you can easily fit a 30" bar in this spot, but due to what I mentioned above I was stuck to a 20" max.
All I can say is that this light is insanely bright and only draws 8 amps. I currently have it wired to come on only with the highbeams, by utilizing a spliter I had previously purchased from The Retrofit Source. There are 40 3watt high intensity Epsitar leds so it is considered just a 120watt light...LoL!! The housing is made of aluminum and the back is completely finned to disipate heat, lense is polycarbonite so minimal worries of breaking lenses. I also got a pair of 4 bulb units that will be used as reverse lights and rear lighting for when I am hooking up trailers or whatever, but I have not installed them yet...possibly tomorrow. Well on to the pics...

2013-03-25_091942_zps66759a66.jpg
2013-03-25_091927_zps9806e92a.jpg
2013-03-25_091954_zps90c5ea07.jpg

The following pic is just low beams which are 35watt 6K hids.

2013-03-19_195552_zpsf5d12ed9.jpg

This next pic is the same low beams as previous with the addition of the LED lightbar(high beams were unplugged)

2013-03-19_195541_zps66edfab0.jpg

I am going to try something similar. You mentioned you have a light bar between the rails inside the grille? Do you happen to have some pics, part descriptions, etc? Thank you in advance! Trying to PM you but not seeing where that button is...sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
804getSome

Latest posts