Led ac controller lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Douglas Friedberg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dorman unit less then year old.
Always can’t see in day time was playing around this evening and **** no blue lighting in the center now at all. Is that here a fuse in this circuit from the body ?? Does go through the dimmer switch circuit and radio was alway bright to see in daytime. Any thoughts ???

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe re-write that after a few less beers lol?
i take it the HVAC control backlight went out?, not much you can do but take it apart and try and find the problem
maybe another member that has modded there interior lights can chime in

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really sounds like a premature failure of the AC head unit. Do you have a buddy with a working one? If not, watch FB Marketplace and/or Craigslist for Avalanche, Escalade, Sierra, Silverado, Suburban, and Yukon part outs. For 2003-2007.5 (Classic) the same AC head unit was used; note that within those years the AC head units varied by options purchased, so be careful.
maybe re-write that after a few less beers lol?
i take it the HVAC control backlight went out?, not much you can do but take it apart and try and find the problem
maybe another member that has modded there interior lights can chime in
who needs your mouth.
He was not insulting you, man! I know it's frustrating to have your truck busted, but people try to keep things light around here. I am sorry this wasn't clear to you when he followed up with helpful advice.

The only assholes that appear in this forum are the ones that randomly and temporarily join, and members that get pissed off.

OP
OP
Douglas Friedberg

Douglas Friedberg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks people for reply’s. I found that a fuse was responsible for the blue center LED lighting going out also the other not didnot respond to any button commands as well this was something I found out after I sent info. Fuse was. 10 amp body fuse under hood I’ll get location and text it. My fingers are cut up keyboards are small, programs on misspelled words change the whole sentence time and s limited. The human brain can quickly make out the errors. Teachers need to stay in school and off the internet. Iam the worst speller in the world and no program will help.
Dorman is giving me the run around on warranty and seller refers me to Dorman. So this will be interesting. Sounds like 200.00 shot in the rear and will just have to fix my old one myself. American ingenuity and China,s craftsmanship.

OP
OP
Douglas Friedberg

Douglas Friedberg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem of can’t seeing info during daytime still is a problem. Impossible to read. OEM radio lighting still works well and that’s a blue background as well. I was trying to understand lighting circuit of controller thru dimmer switch and headlight switch.
On a new topic has anybody tried installing a old style alt. Unit with internal regulator to add better charging to the battery system????

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dorman's warranty is never direct; it's always handled by the seller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lady112210