Leather or Vinyl?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What material comes in this model year? I've got a 99. I always thought it was leather, but when i talked to upholstery shop, they told me its vinyl. They said it holds up longer and is much cheaper. I assume only high end maybe even escalades use "real" leather?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine have leather, not high end leather but leather that meets my needs. I am not sure if there was a Vinyl option or just leather and cloth

SRTH8R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most manufacturers use leather on the parts that touch your butt and back. The rest is vinyl.

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '99 has the cheapest leather and thinnest known to have ever roamed the plains. I didn't know they made such thin-skinned cows.

OP
OP
RAWVORTEC

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I've been in my moms 06 suburban and my brothers 06 trailblazer, they both feel like mine. i thought real leather would feel soft and giving. mine feels somewhat hard and plasticy. I mean does GM invest in REAL leather? Seems expensive. Thanks for yalls help. I want to make sure I get the best option

hugho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What material comes in this model year? I've got a 99. I always thought it was leather, but when i talked to upholstery shop, they told me its vinyl. They said it holds up longer and is much cheaper. I assume only high end maybe even escalades use "real" leather?

They are leather on the seating surfaces which ends at the seams. It's nonsense that vinyl is better than leather. The thin vinyl on the sides of those seats is weak and thin and fails early. When I replaced the leather seat covers in mine I had them make up the cover in all leather. The aftermarket leather looks great and looks better than oem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia