leaking water from blower motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

psfr311

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 99 tahoe 4dr with 165k miles on it.

when it rains I am finding water on the passenger floorboard. It only happens when it rains and it is dripping out from the bottom of the blower motor.

I have done some research and cannot figure out where it may be coming from.

any suggestions?

thanks in advance

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I will back him up. The search feature on this site is useless. Or I am an idiot. Google will provide you with a wealth of mostly useless knowedge.

Your drain may be clogged up, but if it's only doing it when it rains try taking the screws that hold the cowling down, specifically the outer pieces, and applying some RTV to them and running them back down. I did this and it stopped my leaks when it rains problem.

I have searched for this elusive fresh air vent people speak of and have yet to locate it. You can take the blowe motor out and clean the box as described in a sticky on the interior forum I think.

Here it is http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29095&highlight=blow+harder

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The drain is a little spout on the engine side of the passenger firewall down low that just looks like, well a little water drain. It is for a/c condensation. Can also stick a little coat hanger in there and open it up.

Also, if you have a problem with a member then message them and work it out but calling someone names never works here.
psfr311 and 2000tahoeZ71 you need to calm down and just talk without name calling or backing someone that did call names.

All you have to do with doug is just tie his tail in a knot and he gets nicer.

You may also have a windshield leak causing problems.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscimeca