leaking interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who has blocked you from other forums? GM?

If you are getting a new vehicle I bet the GM rep here stepped up to get your issue taken care of!!!

AWSMBLU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did They ever find the Root cause of the Leaks?

krzyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a water leak issue Chevy couldn't locate, but I finally did. The plastic trim piece on the rear pillar was lacking sealant at the screw hole that attached at the body. Where is your leak at?

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What ever came of this.

Did you actually drive off with a new vehicle for no charge?

OP
OP
T

tiggerbad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm still waiting to hear from Chevy. They say it will take 2 weeks for the paperwork to go through. I don't know if they ever found the leak because I refused to take the truck back. Chevy did tell me that there will be a usage charge for the truck. I think that's kind of sleazy, you sell me a defective vehicle and I need to pay for putting 1200 miles on it. I told them I am not paying another dime for a new one. We'll see what happens. Will post again when this is resolved.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

I found this post on Edmunds.......Very interesting

I bought the 2015 LTZ Tahoe on 3/10/2014...... I SO REGRET IT....... I was so excited and didn’t buy a car last year waiting for the new model... What a disappointment.... On our first trip the air conditioner condensate leaked at the passenger visor clip. I took it to Davis Chevrolet (where I bought it) across the Reliant Stadium on the 610 Loop, and they could not find why it leaked. So I picked it up. Then two weeks later on the first hot day 4/28/2014 in Houston on my way home I turn on the air conditioner and the A/C was not working. Luckily the shop closes at 7:00PM, so I drove it in. The service rep saw the A/C was not working the front the back no A/C on the seats. They took it in and they call me the next day that the A/C began to work on its own. And it was ready for pick up :(..... It’s still in the shop b/c I did not agree to pick it up, they still can’t find out what’s wrong with it a month later......It’s a nice vehicle but in Houston you need A/C. If you feel A/C is not necessary then it’s a good purchase.... Too bad I live in Houston, and it gets above 100 in the summer....Oh and today 5/17 I found out there is a new recall on the 2015 Tahoe........What to do??? What a way to enjoy a new purchase…..

OP
OP
T

tiggerbad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
update

I was able to get a new vehicle at no charge to me, even though the dealership did try and nickel and dime me. I then called Chevy Executive office and they took care of it. I would like to say thanks to Miles at Chevy Executive, he has been great. Now the new truck......I found that if I go over 40 mph I was getting a loud wind noise inside the vehicle. Also when I shut the truck off there is this huge power down noise you can hear from the electrical. I called the dealer and I brought it in. Ready for this.... The wind noise is from the roof racks so they told me I can not have the roof rack towards the front where it should be. They tell me Chevy does not recommend it. SO WHATS THE POINT OF HAVING A ROOF RACK IF YOU CAN'T USE IT.... As for the noise from the power down, the dealership told me that it does that because it's from a different production....LMAO, seriously that's the best they could come up with. I did call Miles at Chevy and he is looking into it. All I can say is unbelievable and I wish I never made this purchase. I have a feeling it will be in the shop a lot. Oh and there is another recall with the transmission that I have to drop it off Tuesday to have it fixed.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think at this point they proved they will stand behind their product. What happened in your case is very rare and hard to get done, but you're driving new wheels. If I where you, I would be grateful and bite my tongue on the small stuff. They will fix it if something is wrong.

HAARubicon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, I put roof racks on mine and yes there was additional wind noise. Take them off until you need them, problem goes away.

If you use them and put a kayak up there, you will have wind noise.

Power down noise, that is weird.

GM replaced yours with new one. That's not a bad deal. Sorry you had to deal with the leak. Good luck, Sounds like your gonna need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuzzycraig