Leak behind passenger area dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

totalpackage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me start out by saying i have read at least 3 other posts on this common leak problem. I have had water on floor board for years. My cowl was dingy and cracked so i took care of 2 things at once by sealing the 2 screws and replacing all the cowl parts. It stopped majority of water but i still have water getting in on the right side. It runs down right of the blower cover on top of the beige panel i am pointing at. It runs down to the side door step area and fills up till it touches carpet and carpet absorbes it and brings it in. I trimmed back some of the carpet and thought about drilling weep holes but wanted to show this pic to see if anyone else had this exact area issue.File_000.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I def wouldn't drill any weep boles in the floor. I had a similar problem recently on a long trip. It was super hot and humid and the ac was on the entire trip, which was almost 800 miles. Condensation formed on the box behind the glove box and was occasionally dripping on the passenger side floor. After awhile it would occasionally drip onto the drivers side floor. Think it's a similar situation with you?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Ahhh, OK. I'd take the cowl off again and silicone the hell out of it. Especially where the factory used body sealer at. Over time that stuff can get brittle and chip off due to body flex, causing leaks. I'm not saying that's your issue, but it would be somewhere to start.

rushtk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i had to re seal my ac box against the firewall, the hose to the outside was free of debris but the leak wrecked havoc on my carpet. had to replace it. siliconed the crap out of it and no leak.

20160710_202956_001.jpg

20160710_203010_001.jpg

rushtk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm the 2nd owner and my buddy and his family are a little messy. We thought thats why it was so stained, I went to change out the blower and resistor and was soaked. i've had it since Oct 1st 2014 and never noticed. had to toss all the carpet and padding and take care of some rust specks. hope it stays fixed with everything I just did in it.

OP
OP
totalpackage

totalpackage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx guys, im thinking mine is still in the screws under cowl. I will try and reseal again.

OP
OP
totalpackage

totalpackage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, im attaching pics to see if anyone had this leak issue with some marked up pics. Anyone had puddling under step pad from the door gasket? The large red arrow shows the only current spot i see water dripping after the storm. Maybe running down inside of gasket?

IMG_3891 (2).JPG IMG_3890 (3).JPG

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How well does that door shut? Does it sag?

Is the headliner wet (windshield seal)?

You might try coating the gasket with baby powder or baking soda and then run a water hose over it to see if you can spot where the water is coming in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645