Laura Buick GMC - Need Input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HockeyHauler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New forumite here. First post.

Looking to buy a 16 Yukon. Either SLT or Denali. Ran across the thread about Laura Buick/GMC outside of St Louis.

I'm in the Chicago suburbs and could easily get down their and drive back.

Frankly the pricing seems too good to be true. Denalis for less than SLTs in local areas? Cars that list for $72K selling for $59K? Is this really true? Is at as 'haggle free' as everyone says?

To me that would seem to be a no brainer. Just go with that low advertised price, buy the car and be done. I'm debating leasing v. financing so is there any trickery that happens there?

I do see the 'must be done by 8/31' stipulation - not a big deal. I can swing that. Does this have to do with some sort of GM incentive?

Tell me anything and everything I need to know!

Thanks in advance.

Let me also add, has anyone had success taking the Laura invoice/web page print out and presenting it to their local dealer to get the same/comparable price.

Frankly, if I could find a local dealer to come within, say $500 of what Laura advertises, I prefer that.

For example, one example I'm looking at - SLT with Open Road. $67,320 MSRP. Laura Price - $55,215. Or Denali with Open Road. $72,178 MSRP. Laura Price - $59,266.

Last edited by a moderator:

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are straight up. What the post is what you pay.

Great dealer. Call and ask for Aaron Davis and place a deposit asap as they move em fast.

No dice on matching at 99/100 dealers.

Aaron is a great guy there.

OP
OP
H

HockeyHauler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I don't know how they do it, but not sure I care! :)

No idea why anyone in a 250 mile radius would buy anywhere else if that's indeed the case.

Wwes

Reaction score
I bought a 2016 Yukon Denali from Laura this past week. I've been looking for a while at their inventory and finally saw one I'd buy and pulled the trigger. Cost a $350 one way plane ticket, but beat my local dealer price by over $10,000. After I drove it, the salesman said "The price listed is the price you pay, no negotiating." It was true - I have the paperwork to prove it, and it took less than 1/2 hour to write it up and be on the way.

Ask for Greg.

As explained to me, they make their money on trades and volume rebates.

Tee202

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good evening guy! I'm new but wanted to share my Laura GMC experience. I've been eyeing their inventory as well and receive an alert that the truck I've been looking at price had dropped an additional 7k.

I called on Saturday and they mentioned the truck was gone and considering they are closed on Sunday. I decided to give them a call yesterday around 830am to ask about the vehicle again, due to it was still showing online. To my surprise the vehicle was still there. Booked a same day roundtrip ticket 10mins of hanging from DC to ST Louis for $730. Did a test drive, paperwork, and back to the airport all in about 3 hours. Shippers came to pick it up today but had to leave it due to, I had issues with the tires and flat spots. Truck shook really bad at 70 during the test drive. They are replacing all four tires and a road force balance which they should've done yesterday. Along with gas and a detail they also didn't get to.

Salesman was Jason

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy(Ross) that works at Laura Buick in internet sales. The price you see, is the price you pay. I found two of the exact same Yukons at Laura and then found 2 at Dave Sinclair in South County in St. Louis. The two at LB sold so I went to Sinclair. Sinclair beat LB price by around $1300 and gave me a lifetime power train warranty on the vehicle.

I drive by LB twice a day. They have so much turn over, I don't see how the tires could have flat spots.

Wwes

Reaction score
My Yukon, bought from Laura, also had flat spotted tires. But I drove it for an hour or so and it cleared up. Gateway GMC also has some great deals in the STL area, not sure if they'd match Laura or not, but rest assured, they're all cheaper because of Laura and the competition it creates.

mlgreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are they about documenting fees, dealer prep fee, and other ******** fees some dealers try to tack on? You pay the advertised price plus tax and title, correct?

mowrer7

Reaction score
Just purchased my 2016 Yukon XLT from Kerry, overall a good experience. Mainly took longer than I planned, but I love the Yukon.

Tee202

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yup I paid the advertised price plus ttags and taxes which the didn't collect due to I'm in MD. I'm waiting on a check their supposed to cut back to me for the taxes. Oh yeah and the $179 for the dealer processing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justjacks07

Latest posts