Latest oil change/ oil filters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No O2 sensor fails nor miss fires today, so that is good news.

When putting my scantool on to monitor the O2 up and downstream sensors, I noticed that at idle the O2 sensor seems to switch about 3 times in 5 seconds, but does seem to switch between 0.8 and 0.2 V. The downstream O2 sensors seem to be a little high. The LTFT seem to be around 3-5%. According to the article http://www.autodiagnosticsandpublishing.com/feature/o2-sensor-testing.html , I should be monitoring the test idling at 2000 RPM. When I do this, the sensor does switch much faster (at least 1/sec), but the voltage seems to switch only between 0.7 and 0.3V, maybe a bit wider. I'm not getting any codes, but I'm considering replacing the O2 sensors.

OP
OP
L

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And believe it or not, doing my starter motor was tougher than the head.

That is mainly because you have to know EXACTLY how it comes out, and goes back in. If you know these two things, it's easy. However, a caution regarding the ACDELCO 3371116 starter motor. It is new, but made in China. The bolts are EXTREMELY easy to strip. I had to remove one of the extra nuts on the starter lead and tighten it farther down.

Also, the supplied bolts do NOT have the same thread pitch as OEM. They tightened down almost all the way, but not quite. They were shorter, so I compared thread pitches and they were different. If you can, get original equipment stuff from ACDELCO.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The PO probably used Barr's Pellets to seal up any minor coolant leaks. It works great. It gave me around 1K more miles before I had to change the heads on my Bronco II. And hey! Have you ever heard of the USS Nautilus in Canada? The USS Nautilus, first nuke sub, was on its maiden voyage under the Artic. The nuke coolant system started leaking, so they stealthy pulled in to a northern Canadien port. Two engineers, in civilian clothes, go into town and buy all the Barr's Pellets they can find. They come back to the sub and put it in the cooling system. VIOLA! No more leaks! Of course they had to clean & flush the system when they got back home, but they completed the mission and set a new world record. Isn't it amazing what you learn on the History Channel! It wasn't so much UFOs, Aliens and psycho stuff back then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM