Just ordered my 2-3/4 drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
if your doing front struts, you will need a spring compressor. You can rent those at any autostore, autozone, nappa, Kmart, sears.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes for the struts you need a spring compressor

plush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes for the struts you need a spring compressor

this is one of the mods I want to do. However, the question I have is what is the difference between the struts vs springs?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
plush springs just go replace the stock one. i really dont like using drop springs with stock struts. The drop struts are made to be lowered on and you keep the stock spring in there. They just drop the perch lower and they are valved better than stock so ride is much better than just doing springs.

BLU AV8TR

Reaction score
Just got through cleaning her up!!! Installed the drop this AM. As I was finishing up the front and moving the tools to the back, FedEx showed up w/ the springs. Took me about 3 hrs to do this. I was by myself using hand tools and floor jacks. All 4 corners sit at 34 and 1/4"

Gonna go tomorrow AM for an alignment!!

IMGP0377.jpg

IMGP0375.jpg

IMGP0376.jpg

Brooks, quick question. I guess you can either drop the back 3" or 4" with the BT drop kit right? Did you end up using 3" or 4" in the back? Your ride looks awesome bud. I personally need a small rake though....

BLU AV8TR

Reaction score
^^. That's right. I was originally at 2/4. I'm now at 2/3 using the 1" spacers.

So, just the be clear. The pictures you took it's at 2/4 using NO spacer, but now you're at 2/3 with a slim rake using the spacer correct??? new Pics??

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the pix in the previous posts were 2/4 drop

Here's a 2/3 pic. That is w/ the 1' spacer installed

e885cec3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads