Just in time for the Holidays get products at our cost, Details Inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RSI Motorsports

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay so as a new sponsor I want to offer one person (for each product we sell) to purchase it at our cost and post a review and pics for us and for other forum members.

This is a one time offer to get our name out there and to get some feedback from forum members. The price you pay will not be posted on this thread for obvious reasons and will be done through Private Message. As part of the agreement to get the item at our cost, you will not discuss with other members what you paid as you will be the only one to get the price offered. All we require is for you to post up your honest feedback on the item and post up some pics after your install as well. I will be offering up our three different Levels of HID Kits, plus full LED Interior and Exterior Kits along with LED Headlights and Fog Light Conversion Kits.

We also want this to be fair for everyone so you can only choose one product so other people have an opportunity to get in on the deal as well.

Products Being Offered:

1. OEM Matsushita HID Kit with RSI Premium Bulbs
2. OEM Matsushita HID Kit with RSI Glare Resistant Bulbs
3. OEM Denso HID Kit with RSI Premium Bulbs
4. OEM Denso HID Kit with RSI Glare Resistant Bulbs
5. RSI 35 Elite HID Conversion Kit with Glare Resistant Bulbs
6. 30W 2200 Lumen H16 LED Fog Lights
7. 30W 2200 Lumen LED Headlight Bulbs (9006)
8. Full LED Kit for 07-13 Chevy Tahoe, Chevy Suburban or GMC Yukon
9. Full LED Kit for 1999-2006 Chevy Tahoe, Chevy Suburban or GMC Yukon

Please post or send me a message with which one you would like at cost and I will message you a price shipped to your door.

nickbaldwin86

Reaction score
I have a big want for interior LEDs.. is #9 a full LED kit for the internal ligths?

If the price isn't to high I would like to do the exterior too... such as under the mirrors and whatever else.

I have a XL Denali so it has a few extra lights.

Thanks
Nick

OP
OP
R

RSI Motorsports

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a big want for interior LEDs.. is #9 a full LED kit for the internal ligths?

If the price isn't to high I would like to do the exterior too... such as under the mirrors and whatever else.

I have a XL Denali so it has a few extra lights.

Thanks
Nick

The #9 option is a full LED upgrade for the whole vehicle (Interior and Exterior). I will get the list of bulbs needed for the 03 and send you a PM with price. If I am missing any bulbs when I send the PM just let me know.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In just one of your listings you state:

"2 x 35W Genuine Philips HID Bulbs" and then "If you do the research on Philips HID kits you will find that they only do infact make a select # of bulbs. The only bulbs Philips makes are listed above." http://www.rsi-motorsports.com/35w-philips-xenon-hid-conversion-kit/

Could you please provide a link to an official Philips page where they give specs to a H based HID bulb they manufacture? Heck, about a link to any OEM HID bulb manufacturer with their specs for an H based HID bulb.

OP
OP
R

RSI Motorsports

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Erm, in just one of your listings you state:

"2 x 35W Genuine Philips HID Bulbs" and then "If you do the research on Philips HID kits you will find that they only do infact make a select # of bulbs. The only bulbs Philips makes are listed above." http://www.rsi-motorsports.com/35w-philips-xenon-hid-conversion-kit/

Could you please provide a link to an official Philips page where they give specs to a H based HID bulb they manufacture? Heck, about a link to any OEM HID bulb manufacturer with their specs for an H based HID bulb.

Not a problem. Here is the link to Philips Site with the bulbs they produce:
http://www.philips.com.au/c/head-li...se;productState0=page=1,sort=subcat_asc_group

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, this has been discussed before at some length. http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?42692-Real-Philips-H1-HID-bulb

What you have there is Philips 'licensed' bulbs not Philips 'manufactured/made' bulbs, in fact they can be found on the Hong Kong site, Indonesia site, and many others.

Philips Germany, just like any other OEM manufacturer will not go anywhere near H based bulbs. So they license the name to other countries (which often have less rigid lighting standards than the Us and EU), where they rebase Philips capsules with H sockets and apparently ballasts with AMP connectors, which Philips OEM also do not manufacture.

So just to be clear, the capsules may be Philips, but they are not manufactured by Philips Germany, as per their official web page: http://www.philips.de/c/head-lights...se;productState0=page=1,sort=subcat_asc_group

I'm honestly not trying to dump on your product, just making sure members know what they are buying ... namely Philips HID capsules rebased into H sockets without the quality controls that Philips Germany has in place.

They're probably a very high a quality PnP kit, but they are not OEM quality.

OP
OP
R

RSI Motorsports

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay, this has been discussed before at some length. http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?42692-Real-Philips-H1-HID-bulb

What you have there is Philips 'licensed' bulbs not Philips 'manufactured/made' bulbs, in fact they can be found on the Hong Kong site, Indonesia site, and many others.

Philips Germany, just like any other OEM manufacturer will not go anywhere near H based bulbs. So they license the name to other countries (which often have less rigid lighting standards than the Us and EU), where they rebase Philips capsules with H sockets and apparently ballasts with AMP connectors, which Philips OEM also do not manufacture.

So just to be clear, the capsules may be Philips, but they are not manufactured by Philips Germany, as per their official web page: http://www.philips.de/c/head-lights...se;productState0=page=1,sort=subcat_asc_group

I'm honestly not trying to dump on your product, just making sure members know what they are buying ... namely Philips HID capsules rebased into H sockets without the quality controls that Philips Germany has in place.

They're probably a very high a quality PnP kit, but they are not OEM quality.

Thanks for the info, much of it I have read before and while yes I do understand that no PNP kit will be quite like an OEM factory HID headlight, they can get close as far as reliability and quality. Now the two OEM Kits I do sell (Matsushita and Denso) do use genuine OEM Ballasts but the bulbs are not OEM. Again its probably the closest thing to an actual OEM pnp HID Kit that you can find. I do understand that you just want to inform consumers and that's perfectly fine with me as they should know what they are buying. I try to offer products that are as close to OEM quality as possible. Also the Philips kits do not use AMP connectors and use KET connectors which are specific to those kits.

OP
OP
R

RSI Motorsports

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What would the cost for Kit #1 with 9006 bulb run?

You will have a PM in a min with the Cost on option 1.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

GoodinBlack, please let me know what year and model vehicle you have so I can give you an accurate quote for the LED kit.

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Cost on #8?

I just checked your profile and saw the pics of the Suburban. If that is your vehicle I will give you the quote on the LED kit for that SUV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeSexingStick