Just about done with this f**king truck...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mrkrsll

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How do you intend on putting the new spring on? Old rope in the hole trick? If it really droped the stem would be bent,When you pull up on the valve stem does the valve make a nice Plunk sound when it seats? If so You should be good to go with a new seal,spring and retaining hardware.

I was thinking something like that haha. I think I may just go buy a compressor and run an extension cord from my apartment.

The valve definitely is seated well. Just went and checked and its fine.

Thanks!

OP
OP
M

mrkrsll

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guess I was wrong....Still mis-firing. Pretty sure the valve is bent. I put air in the #3 chamber through the spark plug hole and all I could hear was a loud hissing. Nothing coming out of the oil dip stick so pulled the air intake off and sure enough, loud and clear.
Taking it in to the dealer, probably 2k plus and sell the damn thing....
Thanks for all the replies!!!

Cleandenali31

Reaction score
By chance did it sound like this video I made? I'm having a top end issue today, DONT MIND THE SQUEAKING, that's the drive belt (not the issue). replaced the oil pump 2 days ago ran great until this morning i got this sound in the top end. Sounds to be near the back on the top end but can't narrow it down

OP
OP
M

mrkrsll

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
By chance did it sound like this video I made? I'm having a top end issue today, DONT MIND THE SQUEAKING, that's the drive belt (not the issue). replaced the oil pump 2 days ago ran great until this morning i got this sound in the top end. Sounds to be near the back on the top end but can't narrow it down

Not at all. Mine was and banging/knocking. If I shot a video, you wouldnt hear anything but the noise.

OP
OP
M

mrkrsll

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got my truck back from the shop. $1675.00. Not bad I guess.
Bent valve, broken valve guide, crushed lifter. A piece of the valve guide was banging around in the chamber....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700