Just a random pic of the Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyl3rm

Ahoy hoy
Reaction score
Just a random pic of my Tahoe pulling my new toy. Seemed to pull it just fine but I've never towed anything before so it was definitely an experience.

I'll get used to it though.. already planning on taking it on a trip next weekend.

Attachments

• 20140710_190505.jpg
    20140710_190505.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 40

justinlw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking TT, I'm looking for a 20ish foot featherlite. Yours looks pretty high and top heavy, you might look into an anti-sway system to help make the ride more comfortable.

OP
OP
skyl3rm

skyl3rm

Ahoy hoy
Reaction score
Good looking TT, I'm looking for a 20ish foot featherlite. Yours looks pretty high and top heavy, you might look into an anti-sway system to help make the ride more comfortable.

Thanks man. It is pretty high.... My wife is friends with the people we got it from (and original owners) and I guess wherever they took it to, it would bottom out so they put a 4" lift on the trailer. Kinda weird but they def took care of it.

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

How big is it?

30 Ft

justinlw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you need/like it that high, I'd drop it back down. A lot more enjoyable to pull, and won't hurt your mileage so much. I lifted my last camper to be able to get it up a steep hill at my deer lease, lost 1.5mpg on the highway in my 6.0l F250.

OP
OP
skyl3rm

skyl3rm

Ahoy hoy
Reaction score
Might look into that. I don't have any real reason for it to be that high.... just the way it came.

Thinking about getting rid of my 01 Tahoe .... the 03 Yuk I have should pull it just fine still?

Thinking about taking my wifes 03 Yuk for myself and getting her a newer one...

justinlw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say for either suv, bring the trailer back down and get an anti-sway kit. Anything to improve the handling of the truck/trailer will make for a safer trip.

I pull a pretty heavy camper with my 5.4l F150, and it feels stable enough, just don't get in a hurry!

OP
OP
skyl3rm

skyl3rm

Ahoy hoy
Reaction score
I got a nice sway kit already. The people we got it from just threw a bunch of stuff in with it since they were getting away from that big of trailer all together.

Thanks for the advice man. Appreciate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DB1337

Latest posts