JL Audio Stealthbox Center Console Install Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markgrise

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased the JL Stealthbox, however JL's site indicates the following:

"Will not fit Trucks with AC vents on the back of the center console or vehicles with deep storage area in front of cup holders. Will not fit Full-Size “Classic” Trucks, Chevrolet SSR, Cadillac Escalade, Cadillac Escalade ESV, Cadillac Escalade EXT, Hummer H2, Hummer H2 SUT."

Their site suggests this fits Yukon Denali's, and to my knowledge, all Yukon Denalis have a storage area in front of the cup holders. I wouldn't describe it as a deep storage area, though. It's only 1.5-2" deep and as wide as the cup holder.

Does anyone know what their talking about? I want to avoid beginning the Install if this box will not work with my 2011 YD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

markgrise

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
77fd3b180a4d307603b004fa8d9c7bfe.jpgThis is the version I have.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you ask JL? I'm sure an email or phone call should answer your question.

OP
OP
M

markgrise

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No. I was hoping to find someone who has installed this box with this console version.

I'm also curious where others have mounted the amp. I see most have mounted it under the rear captain chairs, but I have Weathertech floor mats and I'm sure my kids will eventually spill something down there.

I have been trying to locate pictures of an Install where someone has placed the amp in the driver side cargo area beneath the liftgate motor, but I haven't come across anything yet. I have a JL JX500.1 amp that should fit well.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you'll just have to tear some stuff apart and physically see if things fit before running wires, as is always the case when I do an install of car stereo. But you could probably ask JL if the box fits your application. I'm sure they know.

OP
OP
M

markgrise

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think I'm okay. The site says it won't for trucks with vents on the console or those with a "deep" storage area behind the cup holders. Mine has the small compartment behind the cup holders, but I wouldn't say it's deep.

I googled some of the 2008 versions and this is what I found. I think this is what they're talking about0f5d38632d8022ca77bffd75c0de9dad.jpg

BlueAc

Reaction score
Yea that's the same console I have and I purchased the stealthbox for it as well. Judging by this pic I'm guessing the seats have to come out to get the console out???

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

markgrise

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed yesterday. It fits fine.

It doesn't have the low end I was hoping for, but an improvement over the stock sub. 751da3e063c501ba485e028a38c278a3.jpgc65ccf126da457cfd1bb7c476db414f6.jpg0e44fceecdc29034544d1e760172a2a9.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad it fit. That's got to be an improvement for sure, I can't believe they can even call that stocker a sub. They should have left them in the rear like the NBS. I used an MTX Thunderform enclosure with a 10" JL sub in my 02 and it hits hard.

OP
OP
M

markgrise

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's an improvement. I just readjusted the Audio Control LC2i and it's a lot better. Still doesn't have the thump on the low end. It does well with long bass lines, but doesn't give that deep thump with rock music. I like it, though.

I agree with you. GM could have spent an extra $50 and invested in a quality sub with better bass control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667