Jerks when I hit the gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19992dr4x4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello to all. I am having an issue that's driving me crazy! I have a 99 2dr 4x4 that has 191,000 and recently replaced the trans. Since then I have had a some slipping while making a turns when I get back to the gas. Come to find out it was my carrier bearings. I had them replaced and no more slipping while turning and the trans is smooth as silk...note...my tech saw no reason to replace the carrier. Now to the other issue. Since I replaced the trans I have noticed a slight jerk when I hit the gas. It's almost like something seem loose and rubbing together. I asked my tech about trans mount and he says it doesn't look like it needs replacing. So I Googled this morning my symptoms and I saw a post that someone had the same issue and it was the leaf springs?? Take in mind this thing does have tons of miles on it and my concern is the leaf spring are shoot. Can I be right??

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Ey sc did u get the job? Like he said post up pick because he cant look at the truck through ur eyes. (yet):)

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My old trans mount was literally ripped in half ... it looked fine when it was in the truck. I replaced it with a new poly mount when I did the pan swap. The aftermarket stuff was alot easier to get in there too ...

OP
OP

19992dr4x4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes there is a sound, almost like a chirp. I forgot to mention I have a friend that is service writer for a local GM dealer and one of there techs mentioned my leaf springs were shot. Would WD40 help with the sound??

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Its not that much really. U no if u get 1 mil miles and can prove it then u get a new car

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269

Latest posts