Jenna Recommended

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now Im wondering what the difference is between the headers...the AEMs, the Dynatech, and LPP

I know a lot has to do with brand name..but is there a big difference in performance between $500 LTs vs $1100 LTs?

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
again... some more uneducated .02 from the guy who always has an opinion.

in almost any purchase a human can make, the most expensive is usually a waste of money and the cheapest is usually "worth the money"

(by worth the money i mean you get what you pay for)

often times it is wise to shop smart and do homework personally. I am not sure how these rules apply to LT's. But again, I plan to buy the LPP's w/ ORY... so we will see.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of the difference in price will depend on the material, finish, and quality of the part. Cheaper headers will usually have thinner flanges and simply just painted black. Higher priced quality headers will thicker flanges and a better finish or coating. They will usually perform the same in terms of gains, but the longevity is what will be vastly different.

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
+1 on what JK said. Ceramic coated headers can get expensive, but worth it for longevity of them and heat dispersion (sp). Anyways, my n00b question of the day.....what's ORY mean? Is it off-road Y-pipe?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If I don't get AEMs as our next set, I will probably go for Dynatechs. We are currently looking at Kooks for the TBSS as well.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
If I don't get AEMs as our next set, I will probably go for Dynatechs. We are currently looking at Kooks for the TBSS as well.

I just had kooks put on the vette and LOVE THEM!!!! I wanna know if they make them for the trucks or not.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 on what JK said. Ceramic coated headers can get expensive, but worth it for longevity of them and heat dispersion (sp). Anyways, my n00b question of the day.....what's ORY mean? Is it off-road Y-pipe?

Yep. ORY - Off Road Y-pipe

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
as for looks, Im not too worried...I'll get the cheapest set I can when it comes to looks, because Im just gonna wrap them with tape anyways....I know theres not much benefit..(maybe a slight underhood temp)...I just like the way the look wrapped...so I wont need anything fancy looking...

whoa...$1,400 for Dynatech???
....they arent even california legal Im sure... =(

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
as for looks, Im not too worried...I'll get the cheapest set I can when it comes to looks, because Im just gonna wrap them with tape anyways....I know theres not much benefit..(maybe a slight underhood temp)...I just like the way the look wrapped...so I wont need anything fancy looking...

whoa...$1,400 for Dynatech???
....they arent even california legal Im sure... =(

You have got to pay to play! If you are worried about money, then just get ones that are within your price range.

They're cali legal with the high flow cats.
X2 :Handshake: The only LTs that are CA legal, I believe the Bassani mids are legal too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYone