Jank it until you make it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So basically that hose was leaking and the only WAY to get that hose is BRAND NEW fuel tank also the plastic part that goes inside the hose broke a little so I Janked it together and it passed I also replaced the vapor vent and hose assembly for $250 so instead of a $800 gas tank I can now repeatedly pass smog for $260~ total
IMG_8083.jpegIMG_8084.jpegIMG_8203.jpegIMG_8080.jpeg

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you need to replace that hose yourself get a very good , sharp box cutter and very very carefully cut the hose off the green fitting bring the hose into the parts store and get a 3/16 or 1/4” I.D. Hose that has a thick wall like pictured oreilys sells a perfect fuel hose in a 2ft stretch from master pro get some chinsy pincer clamps if you use a regular worm clamp you’ll snap the tank nipple or green tee
If you do it like pictured even if you have a broken tank nipple it should seal the system and if it doesn’t then your issue is elsewhere.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, dorman sells hard plastic line repair parts. come with the pinch lock ends just like factory for like 20 a part. but rubber hose also works out very well when need be.

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, dorman sells hard plastic line repair parts. come with the pinch lock ends just like factory for like 20 a part. but rubber hose also works out very well when need be.
I saw those it’s just harder to get a hard line to seal against such brittle plastic without breaking it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yusefs257