It bugs me that 35’s don’t fit...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gonatee

Reaction score
I have an '18 xl w 2.5 levelling kit
Runnin a 275/70 on a 0 offset method n it will slightly rub under the right condition.

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m running 275/65/18 Goodyear duratracs on oem silverado wheels that may also be oem suburban wheels (I’ve seen them on that vehicle as well)

I have zero rubbing and a bit of space.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Agreed. With just a few inches of lift in the front of my wifes denali, I feel like a 33 is a bit too small. However, when looking inside the wheel well area, there simply isnt anymore room for larger tires without some minor trimming.

I think your best bet is a skinnier 35” tire...say, like a 295/55/22 or 285/75/18. That way the width of the tire isnt fighting you for room when turning, yet the overall height fills out the wheel well when seeing it from the side.

With that said, I feel like there really would not be all that much trimming needed to do what you are wanting to do. The wheel liner will no doubt be in the way. What I dont know is if there is metal removal required.

I’ve been doing a lot of measuring and calculating, and I’m sure I could fit the narrow 35” 285/75/18 with 5” of backspace on narrow wheels. With a front valance trim and the NorCal mod at the rear of the front wheel well. Almost did exactly that on a 3” level / lift. IF the timing of my parts deliveries is such that the wheels and tires arrive before the lift I may stick them on the stock suspension just to validate that.

In the end I went to a 6” lift to improve the approach, breakover, and departure angles. If that feels too high in the end I’ll be running adjustable coilovers so I can lower it some.

You are right about the 35’s IMO. I was really wishing to stick with 33” for durability, but the reality is trails have deteriorated as Jeeps with 37’s and SxS have become the norm.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BB82C454-195E-454D-98FC-09748BD214A5.jpeg When you guys get into the full NorCal what do you do about the hard lines behind the passenger side wheel well? Seems everything else can be worked and manipulated but that was my biggest concern when I saw it (think it’s the rear AC line). I marked where it is on my 17 Yukon with chalk in the pic, that’s around a -8mm offset wheel, 2.5 level, and 305 45 22 tire. Figure if I ended up damaging that from tire contact (tire hitting the wheel well, wheel well hitting the line) and lost refrigerant I’d be kicking myself.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
@nick14226 I believe I can get enough clearance for the 285/35” and still leave the hard lines in place. Maybe some strategic bending... and I will probably fabricate a protective plate for that area to keep the tire from rolling a rock or stick into that niche and crushing the hard lines.

I don’t believe that approach would gain enough clearance for the typical 35/12.5 in combination with a small lift.

In my own case I’m committed to getting the suspension to do what I want and if I have to take it to the AC shop and pay to reroute the hard lines that wouldn’t deter me at all.

If my tires and wheels arrive before the lift I’ll post pictures of fit with just the NorCal.

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
90802C80-BE47-447D-BFD6-133EB937E07C.jpeg
26” on 35”x13.50r26 tires. Mine is a ppv and I put 3” lift spindles on it. Had to trim a bunch and I still rub going up steep driveways while turning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts