Issues with aftermarket radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SidewaystheSeven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, this may not be the right place to ask this, but after installing this head unit in my truck I'm getting a loud constant buzz from the rear speakers and an even LOUDER buzz when I turn the head unit on. I do have the factory RSE and when I press the power button it only will show the DVD system as a source and the radio from the front will not play through any of the rear speakers. The buzz just turns to faint static though. Will the GMRVD, or similar, fix this issue?

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, this may not be the right place to ask this, but after installing this head unit in my truck I'm getting a loud constant buzz from the rear speakers and an even LOUDER buzz when I turn the head unit on. I do have the factory RSE and when I press the power button it only will show the DVD system as a source and the radio from the front will not play through any of the rear speakers. The buzz just turns to faint static though. Will the GMRVD, or similar, fix this issue?

yes GMRVD will allow RSE to work, I had to buy that cable seperate. That wont help with the buzzing though. It only allows things to show in rear. Rear speakers should work regardless if you have RSE or not. Assuming you get this sound whether you play radio or any other source? If you are looking at the GMRVD, you must be going the PAC route. The GM31 has 2 options for harness. 1 for if you have a stock amp and 1 if you dont. Maybe yours is in the wrong spot? Mine is hooked up to the part as if i had factory amp. I have Bose regular, not premium with center speaker.

OP
OP
SidewaystheSeven

SidewaystheSeven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes GMRVD will allow RSE to work, I had to buy that cable seperate. That wont help with the buzzing though. It only allows things to show in rear. Rear speakers should work regardless if you have RSE or not. Assuming you get this sound whether you play radio or any other source? If you are looking at the GMRVD, you must be going the PAC route. The GM31 has 2 options for harness. 1 for if you have a stock amp and 1 if you dont. Maybe yours is in the wrong spot? Mine is hooked up to the part as if i had factory amp. I have Bose regular, not premium with center speaker.

Thank you! I figured out the issue with the rear speakers - the wrong harness was plugged in - and I ordered a GMRVD, but I'm still get some alternator whine through the speakers. I'm actually using one of the Eonon OEM-look setups. It already comes with the harnesses to plug into the factory system and CANBUS interface for the steering wheel controls and speaker for the chimes. I hooked up an additional ground wire to the harness from the headunit, and it did help quite a bit, but I still get some whine. Any ideas on how to correct this completely?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10

Latest posts