Is there a sticky on HID or High Intensity Discharge for 2015 on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Struggling to search and find a decent writeup on HID kits etc on the forum due to the "HID" falling under the minimum allowable search character amount. A sticky would be helpful as the stock LT and LS halogens are simply too weak. And there are a lot of budget HID kits out there that are liklely junk.

Also - I just want OEM HID color and lumens. So from what I can tell that is 4300K and???

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they all seem to fail one way or another no matter what kit you get fyi

burbplayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Struggling to search and find a decent writeup on HID kits etc on the forum due to the "HID" falling under the minimum allowable search character amount. A sticky would be helpful as the stock LT and LS halogens are simply too weak. And there are a lot of budget HID kits out there that are liklely junk.

Also - I just want OEM HID color and lumens. So from what I can tell that is 4300K and???

Hello, i will give you my own opinion about getting the best hids because i have them in my car and i can tell you these guys have the best lights , they do not flicker, there is no error message either like other hids, these ones are plug and play there is no modification needed with these lights and another good thing (NO GLARE) no more glare like what other people have with cheap quality hids. I got mines from www.vanquishauto.com I will suggest anyway that is really looking to buy the best lights for their cars to contact them.

if you have 2015 GMC YUKON, here are the links for the ones you should buy.

this is for the low beams
https://vanquishauto.com/headlight-bulb-low-beam-h11-3018.html

this is for the fog lights
https://vanquishauto.com/super-bright-led-fog-light-bulb-front-replacement-pwy26w.html

this is for the low beams (if you have a 2015 Tahoe here are the links for that)

low beams

https://vanquishauto.com/headlight-bulb-low-beam-h11-3018.html

fog lights
https://vanquishauto.com/super-bright-led-fog-light-bulb-front-replacement-pwy26w.html

OP
OP
Burby

Burby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They recommend HIDs for LOW BEAMS and LED for HIGH BEAMS & FOG LIGHTS.

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
202 Wallace Ave N Unit 12 Lehigh Acres FL 33971

we will fix that very soon

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they all seem to fail one way or another no matter what kit you get fyi
not if you go with OEM type ballast and bulb...regardless of the ballast bulb type, the projectors are still not True HID projectors. They will appear as oem and be a HUGE upgrade, but they still won't be identical to oem just because they are HID.

I am running a quality ballast with Philips 85122 4300K (oem for many cars) bulbs in our SLT and it's about as close to oem as it gets without swapping out housings with denali version projectors.

OP
OP
Burby

Burby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's about as close to oem as it gets without swapping out housings with denali version projectors.

By projectors do you mean the actual housings? And if so are the housings that much different from halogen to HID?

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
correct. I don't know the actual detailed differences...different bowl shapes, cutoff, light pattern, etc. so yes the projector itself distribute the light differently. One is designed for a halogen bulb. Is it worth it to upgrade housings, definitely not, but there is a difference.

I am happy with my OEM 4300k Bulbs in the halogen projectors.

Last edited:

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2015 LS had the halogen bulbs,not good.Tried LAD bulbs better but not really. Finally bought 35 watt ,5000k HID kit ,man what a difference.They have a very defined cutoff and light up the road way just like my old 2000 Tahoe LT. lots of light and no glare.Usable vision on a dark back road is excellent, there has not been one person to flash me or complain of glare or adjusted too high. They are set to factory height specs . and it is finally nice to drive at night in all weather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bb115