Is there a signal wire that only comes on when the truck is unlocked with the remote?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TURNz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when I unlock my Tahoe, the puddle lights come on, the license plate lights come on and all that. Is there a signal I can tap into that triggers those lights, but isn't on when those lights are in normal operation?

Meaning, I want to add another light that ONLY turns on when I unlock with the remote like those lights do. YES I could tap off of the license plate light, but then the "extra" light would be on all the time. I could wire off of the puddle light on the mirror, but then the extra would be on everytime the door opens.

I'd like to just have the extra circuit enabled when the remote unlock the door.

I hope I've explained this clearly. So, is there a signal wire that would act as I've described?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The puddle lights don’t come on when you open the doors. They only come on at night when you use your keyless entry and at night when you shut the vehicle off and take your key out of the ignition. They come on for one minute after the key is removed. So theoretically you could power an extra light off of the puddles and it would only come on when you hit your keyless entry at night.

OP
OP
TURNz

TURNz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great. Thanks.

I guess that's the ticket then.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
The puddle lights don’t come on when you open the doors. They only come on at night when you use your keyless entry and at night when you shut the vehicle off and take your key out of the ignition. They come on for one minute after the key is removed. So theoretically you could power an extra light off of the puddles and it would only come on when you hit your keyless entry at night.

Agreed. Puddle wire is the best option.