Is The Turn Signal Wire There?? Non-Signal Mirrors Converted to Signal Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FarFromStock

Reaction score
I recently purchased a set of the Street Scene Sport Truck mirrors with the rear facing glass signal in them. My Tahoe Started life as an LS model with NO mirror signal on the OEM mirrors. They are however full power mirrors with controls on the drive door to adjust them. I was looking at the directions for installation and they talk about splicing into wires but do not give a description of where these wires are. I am sure I can figure it out and tap into the turn signal wires, I just wanted to see if anyone had done this before so I know what I am getting into prior to tearing into it... always fun to start a job you think will take an hour or so and ends up taking the entire Saturday lol.

Has anyone installed these mirrors on their Tahoe? or done a conversion from not having the signal mirrors to having the signal mirrors?

What my real question is comes down to are the turn signal wire standard on all Tahoe model harnesses up to the door or am I going to have to tap into it under the dash and run it through the door and up to the mirror.

here is a photo of the street scene mirrors I am talking about
IMG_3633.JPG

Here is a photo of the OEM Mirror I am sure you are all familiar with. Check out Candlestick Park in the reflection lol. 49ers Faithful for Life.
IMG_3323.JPG

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You did not say what year Tahoe you have. On a 2000-2002, you have to run the wires, there is NO turn signal wiring in the doors. But as far as I know, all 2003-2006 Tahoe's DID have the turn signal wiring in the doors. Everyone I know of that had upgraded to the power fold turn signal mirrors just plugged them in and the turn signals worked just fine with no additional wiring or switches.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, since you have a 2005, the wiring should already be in the doors. But whether or not it will be plug and play, that I can't tell you. If it was OEM turn signal mirrors then yes they would be plug and play. Everyone I have seen that added OEM turn signal mirrors, the turn signals worked as soon as they plugged in the mirrors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gradymossx4