Irritated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He may be a nice guy but dude sucks as a mechanic!! It's virtually impossible to screw up this job on these vehicles but somehow he found out how! I bet he forgot to put the sensor in the new hub assembly!!
Oh i dont think he was nice... I yhink he was an a$$. Its the owner of the car lot that is nice. The mechanic has his own garage... He just does tge dealers work....

Visit us @ LTXtech.com
Larry (Popo8) Co-owner

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well 2moro we will see.... If it continues to be an issue i will take it to my guy and have it fixed and pass the bill...

I did directly ask the mechanic if he plugged in the sensor.... I even gave him an out and asked if maybe a hub w no sensor was sent.... He told me he did plug it in...

Sigh*

Visit us @ LTXtech.com
Larry (Popo8) Co-owner

CTown LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check and see if the sensor is connected? Should be able to follow the wire from the bearing up through the suspension to the top of the control arm where it connects to the vehicles wiring. (Assuming its the same as an 05' Tahoe)

They probably bought the cheapest one they could, and completely possible its defective.

Hope you get it worked out.

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check and see if the sensor is connected? Should be able to follow the wire from the bearing up through the suspension to the top of the control arm where it connects to the vehicles wiring. (Assuming its the same as an 05' Tahoe)

They probably bought the cheapest one they could, and completely possible its defective.

Hope you get it worked out.

I did not... I dont want to sound like a whinner... But bending over and kneeling is very difficult for me after a previous injury....

So at 6'4" i kinda take peoples words for things.... I know the owner of the lot will make it right... And yes im sure tgey are using the cheapest piece..... But its free.... Lol

Visit us @ LTXtech.com
Larry (Popo8) Co-owner

CTown LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not... I dont want to sound like a whinner... But bending over and kneeling is very difficult for me after a previous injury....

So at 6'4" i kinda take peoples words for things.... I know the owner of the lot will make it right... And yes im sure tgey are using the cheapest piece..... But its free.... Lol

Visit us @ LTXtech.com
Larry (Popo8) Co-owner

Understood. I had a similar issue with my 05' and turning off the traction control allowed us to drive without it happening until we got it fixed.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how the hell do you mess up a plug and play bolt out bolt in job like this.. my wife can do a wheel beering swap.. (has helped and she understands it) wow

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how the hell do you mess up a plug and play bolt out bolt in job like this.. my wife can do a wheel beering swap.. (has helped and she understands it) wow

Then as a troubleshooting step the "mechanic" resorts to the owners manual :lol2: IMO, the first step of troubleshooting the issue is getting the esky back on the lift and doing some visual checks :lol:

CTown LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not much of a mechanic here, but with my minimal tools and a 35 mm socket I was able to swap mine out. Was amazingly easy.

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a message that my truck is ready.... Fingers crossed.

Visit us @ LTXtech.com
Larry (Popo8) Co-owner

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member