iPhone 6 and intellilink

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smittydog

Reaction score
New issue.
I had an iPhone 5 and it worked well with the 2015 Yukon. I got a new iPhone 6 and now when I am hooked up via USB, It (intellilink) will not recognize the iPhone 6. (it actually pulled up a search request as a song-but again, nothing else) This am, I was just charging via USB and when I used the steering wheel to go to favorites, it was blanked out, then I uplugged it from USB (still blanked out) I had to go to home menu and select audio, then used the quick buttons on the bottom (pre sets) to get to my channels.

Any one else having issues with iPhone 6 ?

Thanks,
Steve

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, no, my iPhone 6 seems to be working fine. It's can take annoyingly long to reconnect after I've turned the car off but I've never had a problem playing music over bluetooth. I have had issues connecting my old iPod via USB. It pretty much does exactly what your iPhone seems to be doing when hard wired in. I just put all my music on an SD card and leave it in the center console slot.

razor488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem playing music from an iPhone 6 while its plugged in via USB? Its almost like the phone is fighting with the car over whether to play the audio through bluetooth or through the USB cable.

ScottV503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem playing music from an iPhone 6 while its plugged in via USB? Its almost like the phone is fighting with the car over whether to play the audio through bluetooth or through the USB cable.

Yeah, so.... you're not supposed to do that...
"Do not pair the Bluetooth of an
iPhone that is connected and using
the iPod feature under vehicle
media sources."

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, so.... you're not supposed to do that...
"Do not pair the Bluetooth of an
iPhone that is connected and using
the iPod feature under vehicle
media sources."

I guess that makes sense. Isn't the only USB port that's ready for media the white one behind the screen? I think the others are just for power.

OP
OP
S

smittydog

Reaction score
I used my iphone 5 in the same manner. (bluetooth on and hooked up to usb to charge phone). It will always default and play via USB connection.

So, again, I wonder why the Iphone 6 isn't working accordingly.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used my iphone 5 in the same manner. (bluetooth on and hooked up to usb to charge phone). It will always default and play via USB connection.

So, again, I wonder why the Iphone 6 isn't working accordingly.

The 5 and 6 have different bluetooth chipsets so I'm not all that surprised they work differently. I would be curious to see if you could get your hands on another iPhone 6 to test it out. Perhaps there's a defect in yours? All I know is that my iPhone 6 (128gb Verizon) seems to work fine simply connecting over bluetooth. Like I said, sometimes I've got to sit there and push Media on the car radio a few times (I think the car is simply booting up) to actually get to the phone but it always seems to work.

OP
OP
S

smittydog

Reaction score
I tried it again last night....with the Iphone6 on bluetooth only, it will play music. Then, I plugged it in to USB (the one under the center console that I have always used) and then lost bluetooth (as it should) then I selected source, Iphone6, (from steering wheel), it recognized my phone, I then searched artist, selected it, the screen showed album and song (with pic) then silence......as if not playing song.

I will see if I can find another Iphone6 to try.

It just seems like every time I plug it in something different happens.

Thanks,
Steve

OP
OP
S

smittydog

Reaction score
Ok...now the bluetooth isn't working for music either.

To the dealer it goes...

Thanks,
Steve

OP
OP
S

smittydog

Reaction score
Just dropped off my Yukon to dealer. He states that GM doesn't support Iphone 6.

You know, my 11 Jeep grand cherokee is being missed more and more every day. For everyone that dogs on Jeep, at least their Uconnect worked.

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

http://www.wirelessandmobilenews.co...s-8-8.02-bluetooth-iphone-4s55c5s-issues.html

Called GMC infotainment people...it seems to be Apple issue, but GMC is aware.

iOS issue too.

Thanks,
Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84